CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How do i set up my Hotmail on my BB?

Hi there..my bb is set for corp email account but know I can add in my Hotmail Plus account somehow...I've tracked through the Net but cannot find how to do this..its a 7230 and its on O2 UK network....Many thanks!!
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,285 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin Point Accuracy

Welcome to Crackberry! Enjoy your stay.

In answer to your question, unless you're paying for the Hotmail service, sorry to say you will not have this option. And, as far as I know Hotmail does not even have a forwarding service...

I say get a Gmail account. Send me a PM, with your email address, and I can send you an invite...
    Instagram: naviwilliamsinc
    Twitter: naviwilliams
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

...its a Hotmail plus service so yes it does cost me. Know it can be done because other people have done it?
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,285 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin Point Accuracy

I just learnt something! I could have sworn with the paid service you could do it...

Nonetheless, looks like you'll have to go to: mobile.msn.com, from your device and get your email that way...

Well, until someone like 'kasperapd' comes along. He'll probably have another solution...
    CrackBerry User

Use POP to pullit off the hotmail servers. You should be able to set this up as a regular email account.
    "A patch in time saves kill -9" - Jack Benney

PIN: 32B12EF9

http://truehowto.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,900 Global Posts
    PIN
    2571757c

Default I think.....

Welcome also to another UK user....

I have heard the best option would be to get a Gmail account - (Its free and dont need an invite anymore, just go to www.gmail.com )

Then forward your hotmail to gmail - i think this is possible and go it that way....

Or do as Jack suggested...But paying for the account amkes no difference!...

Welcome again and keep crackin'
    Retired Forums Moderator

Gmail account is probably the best option, but Hotmail now works on T-Mobile BIS and has two-way reconcile. It didn't use to work, but I saw someone else post in BBF's that it was working and I tried it myself. My Hotmail account is working great. Only downside is that it isn't Push email like Gmail.
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,285 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin Point Accuracy

kasperapd, based on this comment, "but Hotmail now works on T-Mobile BIS and has two-way reconcile", is that in relation to having a paid (Plus) Hotmail account?

I tried mind, not a Plus service, and it did not seem to work; thus my question...
    Retired Forums Moderator

Yes, mine is a paid account, but I don't see how T-Mobile BIS would know the difference. I just entered in my email address and password into BIS and it was automatically setup.

I've also read on BBF's that other users are successful setting up free Hotmail.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    PIN
    dont need one anymore

Using my free Hotmail account and I am getting all my emails on my BB... Just sent a test messge to my Hotmail account from another account and was able to get it on both my BB and Hotmail!!! YAAAAY!!! Looks like you don't have to pay for Hotmail after all. I set it up through my BIS, didn't take long at all... just like I set up my Gmail and AOL account, just entered email address and password... and just for kicks I sent the service books. Within a matter of seconds I'm getting email on my BB from my Hotmail account.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Free Hotmail works fine on my 8330 Curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  12. pbc
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

wetwilly, how did you set it up on your 8330 to work?

Tx
    CrackBerry User

pbc,

You firstly need to activate BIS from your provider. Create an account with BIS and then activate either

1. Via the BIS account through a web browser on a PC

2. via Email settings through your BB device.

Should work perfectly fine.

Pkumar
  14. pbc
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

Assume this would work with a BES account as well?
    CrackBerry Newbie

I just got ordered the 8900 (and I have yet to receive it), but I have a very old (I bought it in 2004) Blackberry 7100t. When I first got my 5 years ago, it was impossible to get hotmail on your BB so I was distressed after reading how difficult it still was. Be that as it may, I called up TMobile today, and it took me all of 2 minutes to set up BOTH my hotmail and gmail accounts on my [B]old[B] BB. I did a test, and I was able to promptly send and receive my hotmail. It worled just as it should. I activated my account through the tmobile website. Hope this helps.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I've got a 8900 curve from T-mobile but i use it on att and want to get Hotmail on it, but it wont even conect to the preloaded messenger or go to app world. When I try to create a BIS account it tells me the device is registered to another carrier and gives me instructions on how to register it, but i do it and stiil does not work.
    What shoul i do?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    31BB236F

I have a Hot mail account and I don't pay anything for it and I never could get it to push. So what I did was set my hot mail to forward all my mail to my yahoo address and I have push email thru yahoo and it all comes to my BB.
    Its easier to ask forgiveness than ask for permission!
    ( This works well when I want to bring home a new Horse !!!!!!)
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    2548D2F3

My Curve 8310 has Enterprise acitivated on it and already has an email account coming thorugh an exchange server. I want to add my hotmail account to it as well but can't seem to be able to find it.

any help would be appreciated.