Hello Fellow Crackberrions, I just downloaded an ebook using mobipocket onto my desktop. I opened the DM Roxio and I cant seem to figure out how to download the ebook into my blackberry. My black berry is connected to the computer but I can get the ebook to drag or drop or anything for that matter into the DM. Can someone please spare some advice and step by step how to am a little slow when it comes to directions. Thanks -- am using an 8310 with version 4.2 on it ...
    09-10-08 05:58 PM
    Hello Fellow Crackberrions, I just downloaded an ebook using mobipocket onto my desktop. I opened the DM Roxio and I cant seem to figure out how to download the ebook into my blackberry. My black berry is connected to the computer but I can get the ebook to drag or drop or anything for that matter into the DM. Can someone please spare some advice and step by step how to am a little slow when it comes to directions. Thanks -- am using an 8310 with version 4.2 on it ...
    Anyone have any possible solutions to this one???
    09-10-08 07:48 PM
    I am sure, yet, be patient. Someone will come by with a definitive answer sooner or later I am sure. CB folks are always willing to give a helping hand if they can.
    09-10-08 07:57 PM
    I read mobipocket books by accessing the mobi pocket bb app, downloadable at the mobipocket site. Once you OTA install the reader, put in your mobi credentials and all books you purchased should be browseable from your phone. Just choose one, download and enjoy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-08 08:03 PM
    I read mobipocket books by accessing the mobi pocket bb app, downloadable at the mobipocket site. Once you OTA install the reader, put in your mobi credentials and all books you purchased should be browseable from your phone. Just choose one, download and enjoy.

Thanks the problem is that I downloaded it from my computer onto my computer and I cant figure out how to get it to my BB thru the desktop manager. The shortcut is on my desktop but I cant for the life of me figure out how to put the ebook into my BB.
    09-10-08 08:10 PM
    On my media card there is an ebooks folder which I could load books into via mass storage mode. If you don't have a media card, try as I mentioned above: install the mobi bb reader. If you purchased the book through their site, it should be available in your "library" when you log into the mobi bb reader.

09-10-08 08:55 PM
    On my media card there is an ebooks folder which I could load books into via mass storage mode. If you don't have a media card, try as I mentioned above: install the mobi bb reader. If you purchased the book through their site, it should be available in your "library" when you log into the mobi bb reader.

Sorry I forgot to mention that it was a free ebook that was already on Mobireader
    09-11-08 06:15 AM
    Did you download Mobipocket Reader Desktop 6.2 from the mobipocket website?

Mobipocket ebook Reader

Excerpt From the URL above:
    "Connect your blackberry to your desktop computer and click any eBook to transfer it. Mobipocket eBook Reader recognises your handheld and makes the sending of your books 1-click simple.........The Mobipocket eBook Reader also automatically detects removable cards on your mobile device and chooses for you the best location to send your eBook to......."

Try the SEND tab atop the Desktop Reader. Again, the reader should(?) recognize your BB and send to device.

Please let me know if this works for you as I use the Desktop Reader (6.2)with no issues at all. I must reiterate......Download the Desktop reader from the URL I provided above. Bypass the BB DM completely. That may be your problem.
    09-11-08 10:02 AM
    I use Mobipocket Reader and you have to use the Mobipocket Reader Dekstop app to load the books. Plug the BB in and open the MR Desktop app - it will automatically recognize and load the ebook for you.
    09-11-08 10:14 AM
    I use Mobipocket Reader and you have to use the Mobipocket Reader Dekstop app to load the books. Plug the BB in and open the MR Desktop app - it will automatically recognize and load the ebook for you.
    Thanks to all finally got it sorry for the late reply been running around like a chicken with my head cut off
    09-16-08 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD