Well, my wife and I took a big hit from hurricane Ike, going without power until late yesterday (10/16). We decided that while our electrical and phon/internet infrastructure was being repaired that we'd get a pair of Instinct, having just switched to Sprint from T-Mo. We went for an unlimited data plan to stay on the web. While I liked the Instinct well enough, I was wanting something more.
    A co-worker saw my new phone and after talking about it a bit, she suggested a Blackberry might suit my needs. She let me play around with her Pearl and I found it very interesting. A couple of days later, I traded the Instinct in for a Curve 8330 and I can honestly say I LOVE IT! I cannot Imagine not having it.
    After my wife got her hands on it, she swapped her Instinct in for a ruby red 8330 and we are both hooked now.
    The curve has provided us with a semblance of normalcy, being able to keep up with important info and our emails, IMs, et al without our internet connection.
    It may sound cheesy, but these two Curves of ours have truly impacted out lives. They have really helped us stay emotionally afloat in this trying time and we are so grateful.

I am a proud Crackberry owner from TX and no hurricane or any other force of nature can do anything to change that!

So hello from a member of a happy and healthy family of converts!
    I look forward to participating and learning here.

Best wishes,
    Chris
    Last edited by cp4eva; 10-17-08 at 11:44 PM.
    10-17-08 11:35 PM
    What happened? You did not finish your post.

BTW, welcome to CB!
    10-17-08 11:43 PM
    Sorry to hear about all you've been through. At least something good came out of it.

Welcome to the crackberry community!
    10-17-08 11:47 PM
    Welcome to CB. Hope things get better for your family.
    10-17-08 11:49 PM
    Now you finished! Glad to finish reading your story and that you made the switch to BB.

And once again... welcome
    10-17-08 11:49 PM
    Thank you all for the warm welcome!
    I honestly think this is one of the times in my life where technology has truly and deeply impacted my family and myself for the better.
    I've been guilty of taking what I have for granted, but no more- I can assure you.

Thank again,
    Chris
    10-17-08 11:54 PM
    God bless you and your family. I too live in Texas and witnessed Hurricane Ike. My grandparents lost their home and of course its been rough on the entire family. But its also showed us how srtong we are. I'm so sorry it took so long to regain power. Did you live on the island?

Anyway...enjoy your Curve. Its pretty much the only thing that kept me sane while I was without power for 2 weeks. Thank goodness for car chargers!

Take care!
    10-18-08 12:06 AM
    I live in Houston, on the south side, where the highest winds on the mainland were recorded. It was a beast, but we're all still here and Ike isn't.
    10-18-08 12:38 AM
    Glad to hear your ok. I am in Dallas, and alot of people came up here to get away from storm. it truly was horrible what happened down there. Glad to have another bb/curve user.
    10-18-08 12:42 AM
    I'm from corpus and when everyone thought it was coming over here we all freaked. Then it moved and although I was happy I have family in Houston too so it was a no win situation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-08 12:46 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry guys!! Glad you have power now

10-18-08 01:42 AM
    I'm in Texas I am so glad that u have found he joy like I have.
    Welcome!!!!
    10-18-08 01:44 AM
    Welcome to CB! Im in central tx and we had some people come up here to get away with the storm. Glad your power is back on! God bless

Well, my wife and I took a big hit from hurricane Ike, going without power until late yesterday (10/16). We decided that while our electrical and phon/internet infrastructure was being repaired that we'd get a pair of Instinct, having just switched to Sprint from T-Mo. We went for an unlimited data plan to stay on the web. While I liked the Instinct well enough, I was wanting something more.
    A co-worker saw my new phone and after talking about it a bit, she suggested a Blackberry might suit my needs. She let me play around with her Pearl and I found it very interesting. A couple of days later, I traded the Instinct in for a Curve 8330 and I can honestly say I LOVE IT! I cannot Imagine not having it.
    After my wife got her hands on it, she swapped her Instinct in for a ruby red 8330 and we are both hooked now.
    The curve has provided us with a semblance of normalcy, being able to keep up with important info and our emails, IMs, et al without our internet connection.
    It may sound cheesy, but these two Curves of ours have truly impacted out lives. They have really helped us stay emotionally afloat in this trying time and we are so grateful.

I am a proud Crackberry owner from TX and no hurricane or any other force of nature can do anything to change that!

So hello from a member of a happy and healthy family of converts!
    I look forward to participating and learning here.

Best wishes,
    Chris
    10-18-08 01:52 AM
    Welcome 2 CB
    10-18-08 03:34 AM
    I have a friend in Houston. Glad to here you are ok. Congratulations on your curves and welcome to Crackberry.

10-18-08 03:57 AM
    Welcome to CB!

Glad you are ok. Feed the need at this site. Best one on the net!
    10-18-08 05:56 AM
    Welcome.
    Wow you just got your lights back yesterday? I too went thru Ike.
    I as well, lost my communication network for awhile..Thank goodness for
    my cell phone.Oh and I learned as well generators are a wonderful thing.
    Good luck in your recovery.
    10-18-08 06:56 AM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    10-18-08 03:36 PM
    Wow, thank you for the information. We had a HUGE storm back in December here in the Northwest that knocked out power all over the place for weeks. I haven't chosen a blackberry yet, but I plan to soon.

Glad to see that you are healthy and safe.
    10-18-08 03:38 PM
    Welcome to CB! I hope all works out for you.
    10-18-08 03:39 PM
    Thanks again for the warm welcome, everyone.
    10-18-08 11:51 PM
    Hey neighbor! Welcome to CB!

I understand how ya feel. How about this for luck...I was selling my house. We were set to close on Friday, the day of the hurricane. The high winds peeled part of the roof up causing water to leak in which dropped the sheetrock in the upstairs master and downstairs family room.

Needless to say, the buyer backed out.

The upside was we had moved into an apartment till we shopped for a new one. The apartment lost power for a while, but was back on in about 5 days with no damage.

I can't complain though. I've seen some terrible damage. My prayers still go out to those that have lost loved ones and their homes.
    10-19-08 10:53 AM
    Welcome to CB from another Texan. Glad you and your wife are alright.
    10-19-08 11:07 AM
    welcome to cb!
    10-22-08 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD