Hi Everybody
    Finally got off the fence and ordered my first BlackBerry - a blue Classic! Have been lurking on these forums for quite a while now, trying to decide if I'm crazy not to wait and go for the Priv - but decided the Classic might just be the one for me!

Have learnt a lot from Crackberry users - thanks for helping me make my decision!

Currently have a HTC One M7 at end of contract; fed up of Android, Mac user but not prepared to pay for iOS, so waiting for my new Classic to arrive!
    anon(9088244) likes this.
    10-26-15 10:57 AM
    Congratulations on going for it. The Classic is aptly named! Make sure you get a good case and back it up. If you have any questions, fire away.

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    cualta likes this.
    10-26-15 11:09 AM
    I bought a Classic - wanted a Passport but couldn't justify the extra money - very happy with the Classic regardless. Welcome aboard!
    cualta likes this.
    10-26-15 11:57 AM
    Tip for you. If you're a Facebooker, then use the mobile site (m.facebook.com in your browser). The native app misses too many updates.
    cualta likes this.
    10-26-15 12:10 PM
    Yep - LoneStarRed - have case ordered too, just the standard pouch - thanks for the welcome!

glwerry - nice to know you like it! I can't wait to get started with mine... re. Facebook, I don't think I'll bother initially but many thanks for the heads up!

I don't really use many apps - just want to use my phone as follows:
    1. Phone calls
    2. Email and messaging
    3. Notes, Reminders and Alarms.
    4. Weather
    5. Navigation

So I'm going to try to keep it as simple as possible until I'm settled in!
    Last edited by cualta; 10-26-15 at 12:40 PM. Reason: posted before completing reply
    10-26-15 12:27 PM
    Yep - LoneStarRed - have case ordered too, just the standard pouch - thanks for the welcome!

glwerry - nice to know you like it! I can't wait to get started with mine... re. Facebook, I don't think I'll bother initially but many thanks for the heads up!

I don't really use many apps - just want to use my phone as follows:
    1. Phone calls
    2. Email and messaging
    3. Notes, Reminders and Alarms.
    4. Weather
    5. Navigation

So I'm going to try to keep it as simple as possible until I'm settled in!
    Good luck settling in. Using BlackBerry 10 after you're used to it is such a breeze.

Posted via  Z30 STA100-2 | 10.3.2.2339
    cualta likes this.
    10-29-15 01:15 AM
    Welcome to BlackBerry dude. I'm from Ireland and I've a Z30. It's my first BlackBerry. I really like it. Sure it has some flaws but overall I enjoy it more than any other smart phone I've tried. And for a 2-3 year old device this phone is still fantastic.

Posted via CB10
    cualta likes this.
    10-29-15 02:21 AM
    Bad time to switch to BlackBerry. #priv

Posted via CB10
    cualta likes this.
    10-29-15 02:32 AM
    Bb 10 is great.
    cualta likes this.
    10-29-15 04:48 PM
    I am a z10 user and I can say you might miss some apps, but after using a BlackBerry device, you will have a problem once you get used to it. First the quality of device then the OS. You will either always compare your next phone to this or like me, you'll end up carrying 2 devices. The quality is definitely high class and one of the best OS that just works. Good luck and hope you will enjoy the BlackBerry like I do.

Posted via CB10
    cualta likes this.
    10-30-15 01:51 AM
    Bad time to switch to BlackBerry 10 as BB10 is as good as dead next year after 2 security only updates it should receive and bad time to switch to #Priv #DoA

Posted via CB10
    So we could get a good year out of our device? At the very least, if it does go, I believe it will be phased so you won't just wake up one morning with BlackBerry 10 gone. Yes we might get no more features, maybe these will be just security updates. But still my decide, ok I at least hope, will be fine for another while. If not, I can change.

Posted via CB10
    cualta likes this.
    10-30-15 03:31 AM
    Thanks JamBueree - just got it in the post today - first impressions are good! I love the keyboard and the interface is easy to navigate - now just gotta get used to the shortcuts!
    10-30-15 04:05 PM
    Thanks methodinsane - I did a load of research before buying - I think it's the ideal phone for me. Although I got great value from my HTC One, I just got fed up of Android - hate typing on glass...
    10-30-15 04:07 PM
    Bad time to switch to BlackBerry. #priv

Posted via CB10
    Maybe it is, but I've done plenty of research - I think this phone and OS should serve me well for the next year at least - at the end of the day it's a quality phone I want for call reception and coverage - I use my chromebook or Mac for most other things.
    Last edited by cualta; 10-30-15 at 04:14 PM. Reason: typo
    10-30-15 04:11 PM
    Hi FirstBerry101 - The priv doesn't appeal to me at all - much prefer the form factor of the classic. And even saying the word 'priv' with regard to a phone makes me cringe....
    10-30-15 04:18 PM
    Hi FirstBerry101 - The priv doesn't appeal to me at all - much prefer the form factor of the classic. And even saying the word 'priv' with regard to a phone makes me cringe....
    I'm happy with my Z30 as well but I'm also interested in the Priv. I've developed a good few apps for Android and quite like the OS, in comparison to iOS it feels more like a portable computer. BlackBerry even more so in this regard. I would like a Passport actually. Still I'd happily move to Android except the Priv is just expensive off contract for me. I got my Z30 mint condition not really used for �200 almost a year ago and it's still going strong. It has its annoyances but overall it's a great experience.

Posted via CB10
    cualta likes this.
    10-31-15 06:53 AM