Hi all.
    i have just arrived in england for school and some of my mates have blackberrys. after seeing them using it, it has made me want to get one.
    im thinking of getting the blackberry curve but i dont know which carrier to choose.
    so im asking does anyone on this forum living in england and using a blackberry? and what carrier is the best for use in the uk?
    thanks.
    11-14-08 08:01 AM
    Welcome to CB. I believe they use Vodafone...
    11-14-08 08:29 AM
    Welcome to the CB family! I have the Curve 8330, and it's a great phone. I've had no problems with it, and I'm on OS v4.3. I have not upgraded to 4.5. If you look around the forums, people who have Curves LOVE the phone. Good luck in your decision.
    11-14-08 09:49 AM
    The new and newer BB will slicker, and just as slim as the iPhone
    11-14-08 10:11 AM
    Hello and welcome to CB.
    11-14-08 11:40 AM
    Welcome to CB!

Enjoy the addiction
    11-14-08 06:30 PM
    Hi there. Welcome! I have the curve 8330 and love it! Wish you the best at school!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-08 07:07 PM
    Welcome aboard!

11-14-08 08:47 PM
    Welcome to the family...

The three that I know that sell BB service are: T-mobile, Orange & Vodafone.

You may want to check out their sites to see which one is best for your needs. If you are interested in the Bold, not all the carriers have them. The Bold is the latest 3g BB (first with US 3g) that allows for fast data transfer and simultaneous voice.

BOLD WEBSITE
    11-14-08 09:07 PM
    11-14-08 09:11 PM
    I love my 8330 I'm on verizon in the us eastern side. Every thing is great on this phone I pretty much found MY phone well until a better bb comes out =}. The only main problem I have been having is that when I call or someone calls me I cannot hear them? But they can hear me fine. The problem is sompthing with the OS where custom ringtones (so I hear from others) cause the speaker to not release from the "loop" is how I take it, but all u gotta do is use stock ringers or if that problem happens just click voice command and it'll work fine again!! (Thanks who ever u are from that post). I am currently running 4.3 software. But other then that its my favorite bb so far for the camera full qwerty keyboard very nice batt life and compared to other vzw phones great reception!

Hope this long post helped. And sorry for the bad grammer 1/2 asleep haha.

Jason
    Yahoo is ommpah_lummpah if u would like more infoz

11-14-08 09:19 PM
    Omg I had the same prob! Take your battery out and put it back in if nothing else works!

11-14-08 09:22 PM
    I am certain it started to happen to me right after ATT cut my LAN line 2wks after I got my BB and had my home nos ported over! Anyway I tried everthing and nothing worked until I took the battery out and put it back in. Goodluck, I know it really frustated me when it happened!

11-14-08 09:26 PM
    Omg I had the same prob! Take your battery out and put it back in if nothing else works!

just keep voice command as your left side key and when u call out and it dosent work just click voice command and it will work instead of pulling batt. i have not figured out any thing with the incomming calls tho haha. but still testing stock ring tones instead of ones i made.
    11-15-08 06:55 AM
    just keep voice command as your left side key and when u call out and it dosent work just click voice command and it will work instead of pulling batt. i have not figured out any thing with the incomming calls tho haha. but still testing stock ring tones instead of ones i made.
    Confused! It has happened to me again (2nd time). I'm not sure as to what you said I needed to do to resolve. I'm sure you explained well, but I'm Seriously A Newb! Can u rexplain. (Right now my left convenience key opens my address book)

Also, have you figured out what sets this problem off?

11-18-08 08:19 AM
    If you get Vodafone maybe you should consider the new BB Storm! Then you will have the newest and best phone out of all your friends!
    11-18-08 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD