Hi everyone! I'm a newbie in this forum and Blackberry in general. I decided to join because I know that I have yet to discover everything that my Blackberry can do. Looking forward to my stay here!
    05-21-12 09:25 PM
    Welcome and Congrats on your new BlackBerry. Hope you enjoy, by the way which BlackBerry device do you own?
    05-21-12 09:36 PM
    Hello Uihit,

Welcome to the CrackBerry forums.

There is a section on tips and tricks to help you maximize your BlackBerry's potential.

The feature I enjoyed discovering the most was Application Shortcuts. Your device is probably preset for Universal Search. However, you can switch it to Application Shortcuts by touching your menu key (BlackBerry to left of trackpad), selecting Options then click on Universal Search and the drop menu will give you the Application Shortcuts option. Hit save and you are all done.

What this does for you is it allows you to launch a bunch of apps from one keystroke on the keyboard. First of all, you don't lose Universal Search you can still call it by typing "S". Here are my favorites:

A - launches the address book
    L - launches the calendar
    B - launches the browser
    M - launches your Messages
    V - displays your saved messages
    W - launches the weather
    U - launches the calculator

You can also assign any person on your contacts list to speed dial by just holding down a key. A menu will pop-up and ask you if you want to assign a contact to speed dial. This is a feature I use daily and I love it.

Enjoy your new BB
    Spencerdl likes this.
    05-21-12 09:57 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry forums. After having used BB for a few years there still seem to be new tricks or functions to be found. The pleasure never seems to end. Enjoy.
    05-22-12 01:22 PM
    Hey there! Welcome to the CB forums!

Congrats on your BlackBerry
    05-22-12 08:35 PM
    Welcome Uihit!
    05-23-12 08:44 AM
    welcome and congrats on your new device!
    enjoy your stay at CB

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-23-12 08:49 AM
    Welcome and congrats on your new BB! You just joined the best community on the web!
    05-23-12 09:09 AM
    Fortunately, you've come to the right place to learn! Welcome to the CrackBerry forums!
    05-23-12 10:46 AM
    Welcome! to CB Forums
    05-28-12 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD