Hi everyone!
    I just joined CB today, and i'm very excited to be aboard!
    Umm alittle about me:
    Im 15...(Yeah I do not care really who knows my age :P)
    I currently do not own a cell phone, but i am getting a BlackBerry as my first phone. Ummm, I do not know whether to get a Pearl 8110, a Curve 8310, or wait and get a Bold 9000...so I think I may need some help deciding which one to get...
    So yeah, that's alittle about myself.
    As I stated before, I am excited to be apart of this community!
    Thank You.
    ~Typhon (Yeah, that's my nickname :P)
    08-23-08 04:13 PM
    Welcome to CB.

As far as which device to choose, this is based on personal needs and desires. You need to research all three phones, compare, and make a decision from there. Please also keep in mind the price of each phone.

I'm unsure why you would jump into a Blackberry as your very first cell phone, but oh well. Enjoy.
    08-23-08 04:14 PM
    Welcome to CB! If money is a factor, there currently are good deals on the 8110 and 8310.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-08 04:30 PM
    Hello and welcome to crackberry.com

Either way, you can't lose. The Bold will not be as cheap as the Curves and Pearls.

If money isn't an issue and you want the latest and greatest and want to wait a couple months (being modest), then wait for the Bold. If you can't wait and want a full QWERTY keyboard, go with the 8310. I personally like typing on the Pearl more than the Curve. For media and web browsing, I like the Curve.

This is why I have my business phone as the Pearl.
    08-23-08 06:26 PM
    Cool, I was just checking AT&T and saw that they have a refurb package for the Curve 8310 for $49.99. I'm pretty scared of getting a refurbed phone, mainly because I am afraid it might be a defective phone...so should I get the refurb package?
    08-23-08 06:26 PM
    Hi and welcome to the family. As far as the refurb.....personally....I wouldn't do it. You just never know what you're getting...but then again....that is an individual choice. Good luck in whatever decision you make. Just make sure to research before you buy.
    08-23-08 06:31 PM
    Welcome to the crackberry family! I agree with the pp (previous post) as well that you should pick the phone based on what you need and what like & works for you. I have the pearl pink actually and i like it but it's kinda girly. I think the curve would make you happy as well but the Bold is the newest thing out lol!! good luck!
    08-23-08 06:31 PM
    08-23-08 06:33 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!
    08-24-08 02:28 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!!!
    08-26-08 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD