Hi all,

New here!

Just got the Storm, updated the software to the latest release, (ehem 2 hours) and tried loading the BB media sync for itunes from the desktop manager in Administraator mode. The Phone is connected and every time I hit start on the desktop manager, it starts to download the program and then the desktop manager crashes..

Any way to fix this or is their another app that works?

Regards,
    Lonny
    12-11-08 01:50 PM
    Welcome to CB Lonny!

By any chance are you using windows vista?
    12-11-08 02:37 PM
    Me too. Same problem and yes, I'm running vista. I reinstalled, same thing.

I ended up just moving the music files from a jump drive to the phone....
    12-11-08 02:52 PM
    I ran to this problem when I first installed media sync through DM. I have Vista. What I did was I downloaded it straight from the Blackberry site instead of DM and it worked

na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/features/media/mediasync.jsp#tab_tab_download
    12-11-08 03:47 PM
    ok, Downloading

and now it told me to reboot. crossing fingers, and thanks everyone.

Lonny
    12-11-08 04:48 PM
    ok, rebooted, ran the program, and it's still asking me to reboot. VISTA!!! Ran the program as administrator too. Anyway around this?

Lonny
    12-11-08 05:17 PM
    Media sync is by far the best way. Bb doesn't load music bought from itunes though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 05:26 PM
    Hi Greg,

I can't even get media sync to run, keeps asking me to reboot.

any clue?

Lonny
    12-11-08 05:36 PM
    grr
    anyone??
    12-12-08 11:25 AM
    i didnt download media sync through desktop manager, i downloaded it straight from blackberry.com
    12-12-08 11:30 AM
    yes , I did also, it's not letting me install withtout telling me to reboot, over an over if I run it a administraor or not.

frustrated..
    Lonny
    12-12-08 12:29 PM
    Yea, I didn't have that problem. Sorry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 12:58 PM
    Yes, downloading directly from RIM/Blackberry will resolve the issues.

I too have Vista and I'm not sure if it is a vista only issue (as I don't have other OSs, but it is definitely an issue when attempting to do so through the DM.)
    12-12-08 01:36 PM
    well I gave up, so I added the Rhapsody program, set it up to listen to the itunes folder and add. That works. It imports the music from itunes into Rhapsody and from there I can load and actually change in the settings to move the files into my blackberry in mp3 format and it works fine..

Even when I load new songs into itunes, it's in my library in Rhapsody. Make sure you set the same folder you store your itunes music to be the same in rhapsody..

tada..

Lonny
    12-12-08 09:22 PM
    So I can't add purchased songs from my iTunes account to my BB? What about the other ones added from CDs and imported into iTunes; can these be transferred? If so, how?

Kelz
    01-31-09 11:27 PM
    Hey Y2,

it should with no problem. You should use the same MUSIC folder in the options or something like that. When you add songs by inserting a CD, it will copy. So open Itunes, import, then open rhapsody. The songs should now be loaded.

I hope that helps

Lonny
    02-01-09 04:31 PM
    So I can't add purchased songs from my iTunes account to my BB? What about the other ones added from CDs and imported into iTunes; can these be transferred? If so, how?

Kelz
    99% of my itunes library was ripped from commercial cd's and when I transferred to BB storm I could not play them. The album title and artist was what I selected but the album art was wrong and the song would not play. I got two different error messages,depending on what artist I chose. Any clues??
    02-05-09 11:02 AM
    Install Rhapsody, Then in rhapsody, set the same folder used by itunes to your rhapsody default.

Then you just do a scan of that folder, It sould show you all your songs.

create a playlist. then copy the songs you want, You will be able to sync your playlist with you BB

It's a little bit of a pain in the ***, but it does work.

enjoy
    02-05-09 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD