I've been perusing the site for about a week now. But finally had the courage and desire to finally sign myself up. I'm a little wet behind the ears and very new to the whole BlackBerry scene so be easy on me.

I've been with the Cingular/ATT crowd for 7 years now. First locked in by the awe-inspiring Motorola Razr campaign. Its sleekness and innovative 'thin' caught my eye and stole my heart. Back then Cingular was the defacto choice. Always had the best phones, but not always the best service. Needless to say I stuck with them for awhile and last year was glad to have done so. Picked up the iPhone and have been in love with it ever since. Unfortunately, my passion has fallen below the love level and I'm fedup with the service.
    Contract is up on the 27th and being the technophile that I am, I went out in search of something better than my iPhone. Part of me believed that was impossible, the other part of me wants to believe there IS something better. I've done a lot of research. Watched tons of informative videos and I have to say. The industry is producing a ton of sexy sleek and powerful phones for the Holiday Season. Such as the T-Mobile G1, HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch HD, Samsung Omnia, Sony Ericsson Xperia X1, Nokia 5800, Nokia N85. (You can tell by the phone choices I prefer Touch Screen's. They seem to be the phone of the day, and that is one thing I love my current iPhone for.) Among all of those phone's though RIM's Blackberry Storm was a hidden gem for me. I've never particularly liked the design of the previous BlackBerry phones. But it seems something is changing these days up in Waterloo, something that is drawing consumers like myself. I like it and have to say I'm glad for a solid contender in the Industry.

I only have one qualm with the Storm and I'm sure most of you have the same worries.... no WiFi. So much can be said about that, but I feel like its already being rambled on by countless others. I'll just hope that the new EVDO Rev-A network is fast and widespread enough to not warrant a flipout. I can only wish.

I'm Happy to have a choice. I feel like so many people these days are locked into what they can get.

So that's me. I'll be throwing myself around here trying to get a gist of RIM and the community spawned by them. Anxious to get my hands on a Storm and one day call my self a Crackberry Addict.

Thanks for having me.
    - Leu
    Last edited by Leugim; 10-17-08 at 05:17 PM.
    10-17-08 05:09 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry Leu

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-08 05:12 PM
    Welcome to crackberry. I myself cannot wait for the storm.

10-17-08 05:15 PM
    Hello and welcome....
    10-17-08 05:16 PM
    Welcome to CB.

The best place on the net to feed the need. Addiction.
    10-17-08 06:33 PM
    Welcome. You'll find lot's of help and good people here.

10-17-08 06:37 PM
    Hello and welcome. The Storm is definitely a hidden gem that RIM had.
    10-17-08 07:55 PM
    Welcome to CB.

Bienvenido a casa!!!

Marhaban

Bienvenue
    10-17-08 08:14 PM
    welcome and enjoy
    10-17-08 09:43 PM
    I only have one qualm with the Storm and I'm sure most of you have the same worries.... no WiFi. So much can be said about that, but I feel like its already being rambled on by countless others. I'll just hope that the new EVDO Rev-A network is fast and widespread enough to not warrant a flipout. I can only wish.
    Welcome Leu,

To be honest if you get a fat data plan with your BB then WiFi is not really such a big deal. I jumped on a limited time offer 6gb per month plan. There is now way I'm ever going to get close to using that. Probably even if I tether it to my PC for an internet connection over the BB. I could watch 10,000 YouTube videos a month, or whatever it is.

After having my Bold, I have not needed WiFi. Sure there are purposes, like needing data access in a deadzone, Home Phone hot-spot services, Travelling out of country and avoiding data roaming costs. Hey, always better if your phone can do everything and float your boat. But the current fleet of Blackberry's are all pretty skookum.

Shop around for big data... 1gb (is huge too) 5gb or unlimited...

Crackberry is a bottomless pit of help and information. Enjoy your BB & CB.

10-17-08 09:52 PM
    Welcome to CB. This site is a wealth of information.

10-17-08 10:05 PM
    Thanks for the warm welcome.

I feel like part of the gang already. Haha.

PvT thanks for the insight. 6G is a lot. But, I think I will go for unlimited or as close as I can get to it just to be on the safe side. I'm usually not far from an area with service but as of now I'm on ATT and I get intermittent yet frequent dropped calls. Hopefully its different on VZ.

Anyone know of a way to test signal strength on another network not your own?
    10-17-08 10:14 PM
    welcome to cb!
    10-18-08 08:20 AM
    welcome
    10-18-08 08:21 AM
    Hello & welcome to the CB family!

10-18-08 11:07 AM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    10-18-08 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD