So I just got my first blackberry ever yesterday. A curve 8330. I'm very impressed. Usually I just get a standard fifty dollar flip phone but after using a BB I don't think I could ever go back. I came here looking for app suggestions. I have ap news facebook and pandora so far. Have any suggestions on other useful and entertaining apps? Is there a free gps app I could get that works well?
    06-03-09 09:04 AM
    As for the GPS, since you're on Verizon (like I am), your GPS is locked and can only be used by VZNavigator (montly fee) and BB Maps (included). If you want to use a 3rd party GPS app, you'll have to purchase a GPS receiver (aka Puck).
    06-03-09 09:11 AM
    Welcome to CB! Check out the Newbie threads, they're full of "101" lessons and tips.
    06-03-09 09:14 AM
    Well the problem there is that I don't actually have a verizon plan. I have an alltell plan but as we know verizon and alltell have merged. I'm using a BB by verizon with my old alltell plan so I don't have access to vz na I or vcast or any other verizons features.
    06-03-09 09:14 AM
    Welcome to CB!
    Viigo is a great app for BlackBerry.
    06-03-09 09:17 AM
    Check out Poynt. It's not so much a GPS app as a great way to find local...well, local whatever. My dad runs it on his ATT Curve so I would imagine it would work just as well on yours.
    06-03-09 09:27 AM
    I seem to be having trouble with viigo. It keeps saying that I have a limited connection or that the viigo server is down. I know I don't have limited connection. I've been posting and viewing the messages all from my black berry. Any ideas?
    06-03-09 09:31 AM
    I seem to be having trouble with viigo. It keeps saying that I have a limited connection or that the viigo server is down. I know I don't have limited connection. I've been posting and viewing the messages all from my black berry. Any ideas?
    IMO, FreeRange is a better alternative to Viigo...IMO
    06-03-09 09:34 AM
    Poynt crackberry quickpull facebook blackberry app world visio

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 09:40 AM
    What is poynt? I'm new as well, is that a gps app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD