Hi everyone. I have received my very first Blackberry today (8120 pearl) and currently going through the set up process. I know this is a stupid question but i have got a CD with it where i can install desktop manager to my device and the big question is, what are the main things i will be able to do if i install this ?
    10-14-08 10:43 AM
    Load applications back up and restore your device and sync with outlook.
    10-14-08 10:45 AM
    I would also recommend going to blackberry.com or your carrier's web site to download the latest version of Desktop Manager. What is on the CD is most likely outdated.
    10-14-08 10:48 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

The CD contains BlackBerry Desktop Manager and USB drivers required for Windows XP computers.

After you install the DTM, it will suggest an upgrade to the latest version. The newer version do have added features and are worth the time to download and install.

DTM lets you maintain the device. Backup/Restore is the first thing you should use. If you need to Synchronize your data, that is included too.

Most importantly, Applications Loader allows you to configure your device, remove things that will free up memory and update it as required.

10-14-08 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD