I wanted to free up space so I followed the instructions on a post and deleted the preloaded themes,,now my screen is only black and white. It shows the themes that I downloaded but it will not let me make them active. I did this from work today and I don't have access to DM from home. Can it be fixed and can I do it without the DM? Please help my BB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-29-08 06:22 PM
    no, you had to leave the Dimension Today, and Dimension ZEN.
    If you have access to a PC, you can dl DM, and then dl the OS, and modify it while leaving those 2 themes
    02-29-08 07:17 PM
    Since I deleted those files.from the c drive I have to dl the OS? Where can I get the OS? Thanks for helping. I thought I had ruined my BB !

03-01-08 12:05 PM
    you can get the OS HERE
    and the DM HERE

Most themes run off of the Today, or Zen theme, so i would suggest leaving them.
    03-01-08 12:08 PM
    You also need to leave the bb dimension icon theme as well. I removed it and most of my icons were generic black and white. I reloaded it and have had no problems since.
    03-01-08 01:04 PM
    Really,weird,on my 8100, and 8310 i left the zen and today, and have no problems,
    Either way, those 3 are not that large, the ATT one is the big one..
    03-01-08 01:17 PM
    I have ATT and my BB is the 8100. I have the same problem,,,most of my icons are black and white. I have other themes on there but it will not let me activate any of them. This is one Monday that I'm looking forward to going into work,,,so I can work on fixing my BB.

03-02-08 05:26 AM
    Ok, got to work, fixed my themes and all seems to be working fine,,,,except, phone will not make calls and I don't have my browser anymore. When I got to DM the "phone" icon is in blue and so is the browser. Core apps is in blue also and I can't add these to myphone in the apploader. What can I do now?
    03-03-08 08:39 AM
    Resend your service books, that should solve that!
    03-03-08 11:23 AM
    Thanks! I did that and my browser is back and I can make calls!!! But, in DM, those icons are still blue. Does that matter since the phone is working now?
    03-03-08 03:45 PM
    Once you hook the BB back up to DM, it should see the new service books, and adjust
    03-03-08 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD