Hi, everyone

I recently got a BB Bold. I carry it in the holster that was included with it. Here's the problem: Whenever I take the device out of the holster, it automatically opens the most recent new message. I'm sure some people would love this little convenience function. Personally, I hate it. There are plenty of times I am getting out the Bold to make a call or something. I don't want to have to navigate past a message I never even intended to open. Also, a lot of messages I receive are spam. Because the BB is automatically opening these, the senders are finding out that my address is real. The spam count has gone absolutely berzerk since getting the Bold. If this keeps up, I'll need to get a new email address soon! Does anybody know how to disable this automatic opening of messages when taking the BB from the holster? Please help!

Thanks!
    12-09-08 09:52 PM
    If I'm correct there is no way to stop this. If there was I wish I knew about it for the last 3 years.
    12-09-08 10:00 PM
    Hi, everyone

I recently got a BB Bold. I carry it in the holster that was included with it. Here's the problem: Whenever I take the device out of the holster, it automatically opens the most recent new message. I'm sure some people would love this little convenience function. Personally, I hate it. There are plenty of times I am getting out the Bold to make a call or something. I don't want to have to navigate past a message I never even intended to open. Also, a lot of messages I receive are spam. Because the BB is automatically opening these, the senders are finding out that my address is real. The spam count has gone absolutely berzerk since getting the Bold. If this keeps up, I'll need to get a new email address soon! Does anybody know how to disable this automatic opening of messages when taking the BB from the holster? Please help!

Thanks!
    just wait a few seconds after you get a message. when you take it out it will be on your homepage
    12-09-08 10:13 PM
    just wait a few seconds after you get a message. when you take it out it will be on your homepage
    Really? Is that all there is to it? I'll try it. Thanks so much!
    12-09-08 11:21 PM
    Yea that's all you gotta do

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 11:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD