Just wanted to say a nice big hello to everyone and introduce myself, although I'm not too sure if people do this often in your forum, it was a big thing in my last forum. My name is Sarah, I'll be going to college to take premed, and I just got my first blackberry, a tour on Verizon. Feel free to post something about yourself, I'd like to get to know the other members
    06-06-10 09:29 PM
    Hi Sarah, welcome to the Blackberry Nation and the Crackberry forum! I truly hope that you enjoy the experience as much as I have.
    06-06-10 09:34 PM
    Just wanted to say a nice big hello to everyone and introduce myself, although I'm not too sure if people do this often in your forum, it was a big thing in my last forum. My name is Sarah, I'll be going to college to take premed, and I just got my first blackberry, a tour on Verizon. Feel free to post something about yourself, I'd like to get to know the other members
    Hi Sarah! and welcome! Anyway, about me, I am about to graduate nursing school (not exactly in the same boat as you) but hey, well be both in the medical field

About the tour, its a good device. i had it for a few days though then switched to storm2. if you are a keyboard type person, then tour would be good. but the 9650 just came out and it has wifi...the tour doesnt. and say if your college has wifi, then the 9650 would be your bet...and im sure you still have the 30 days to return the tour if you dont like it...

anyway, if you wanna share medical knowledge with me, hit me up and ill give ya my pm...always nice to find someone here whos in the med field
    06-06-10 09:37 PM
    That's awesome! Thank you both so much for being friendly and responding something. Finding others in the medical field is always a pleasure, because most of my contacts and friends aren't really interested in the blood & guts scene, but what can I say, I was an odd child I had a Droid and Droid Eris for awhile, but either of the phones suited me. I think I'm just not a touch screen person, and I missed all the things that my sidekick LX had to offer, so the BlackBerry seemed like the next step. Wifi isn't a huge deal, I'm buying an Ipad and I have my laptop, so I'm always Wifi connected somehow.
    06-07-10 07:16 AM
    Hi Sarah, Welcome! Rich here, I'm one of the Moderators here, plus I'm an IT (Computer person) in real life. I think you are going to find Crackberry.com to be a friendly and welcoming place. Be sure to check out the rest of the social sub Forums, the Pin Sharing & BBM Groups Forums in particular is the place where you can exchange PIN with others in the medical field and form friendships and join existing BBM groups. Also you will find our Off Topic sub Forum, which has many fun game type threads you can join in like our Cool Pictures Thread, and 5 Letters Thread.

Once you are comfortable you can expand in to the rest of our Forum, and visit, the sub for for your device, the BB Tour 9630, your Carrier, Verizon Wireless, our General Blackberry Discussion, and many of our other Forums that many interest you. OH don't miss 3rd Party Apps, Blackberry Themes, and Blackberry Ringtones, which will help you customize your device.

If you have any question your problems, I am just a PM or email away!
    06-07-10 11:14 AM
    Sarah, My name is Ryan and I am a paramedic in South Carolina. Welcome to what I like to think of as AA for blackberry addicts. I have found a lot of good info on here. Good luck to you in your studies! I currently have a 8330 but looking to upgrade to the 9650 in a couple of months. My curve just does not have enough memory for some of the medical applications I use. I currently use Epocrates (the free version) on my curve. It is a little bit of a memory hog. I like skyscape as well, but had to pick one or the other due to memory constraints. Again, welcome to CB and to the medical field.
    06-07-10 12:42 PM
    Hi im Andrew Computer Network (IT) buy going to school for that and maybe go back and get a degree in criminal justice and become a detective or special agent. Looking for people to add on to the black berry messenger dont have many friends that have black berry. PM me if you want to be added.
    06-07-10 03:32 PM
    Hey guys Sorry I haven't checked this in a few days, work has been crazy! I'm currently a lifeguard in hersheypark.... If you've never been there and you get a chance to visit PA, it's totally worth it, you'll have a blast.
    06-09-10 08:04 AM
    Hey guys Sorry I haven't checked this in a few days, work has been crazy! I'm currently a lifeguard in hersheypark.... If you've never been there and you get a chance to visit PA, it's totally worth it, you'll have a blast.
    R U kidding? We love Hersey! My girlfriend and I go their once a season usually. It's a GREAT park. Anyways how to you make out with your Blackberry, did verizon give you the Curve, Tour, or Bold?
    06-09-10 08:40 AM
    R U kidding? We love Hersey! My girlfriend and I go their once a season usually. It's a GREAT park. Anyways how to you make out with your Blackberry, did verizon give you the Curve, Tour, or Bold?
    Haha yeah, it's refreshing to walk outside and smell chocolate in the morning. I got a tour, and I love it. This phone is amazing
    06-13-10 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD