First of all hello to all and thank you for reading this to help me ( re-newb ) had a blackberry 2 years ago. I now have the 8830 from Bell Canada. I need an application for my documents like excel and word.

I hope someone can tell me something that works better than e office (in windows vista) - new company and new laptop (with vista!?!)

thanks in advance

Matt
    07-15-07 09:08 PM
    Hi Matt,

This won't help you right now but when it comes out(a couple of months) it should be extremely helpful. I have used these apps..Documents To Go for BlackBerry: Word, Excel & PowerPoint on your BlackBerry Smartphone

I don't know of other stellar apps currently available. Someone else should come along and might be able to help.

Welcome back to BB!
    07-16-07 12:31 AM
    Try BeamBerry, too...
    07-16-07 07:40 AM
    Thanks MNB916, Thanks I signed up for the auto notification of that software! I had that application for my palm pilot, it worked perfectly for what I did. I am REALLY GLAD you showed me that!!!

Thanks again!

Matt
    07-16-07 07:39 PM
    Also, you might want to consider asking a mod to change your name if that is your email addy. You don't want to end up spammed. Unless that isn't your main email address. Just thought I would mention this.
    07-16-07 08:12 PM
    My pleasure, Matt! Glad to help.

Forgot about Beamberry. Installed it myself today. Thanks, Navilyn!

Thanks MNB916, Thanks I signed up for the auto notification of that software! I had that application for my palm pilot, it worked perfectly for what I did. I am REALLY GLAD you showed me that!!!

Thanks again!

Matt
    07-16-07 09:26 PM
    I've looked around the site, don't see how to change my "Display name"

I'll keep looking

thanks!
    07-17-07 09:28 PM
    Can only be done by a MOD or admins...
    07-17-07 09:32 PM
    OK, so who do I need to ask.

Thanks!!
    07-17-07 09:41 PM
    Hi Matt,

I am a MOD and would be happy to help although haven't done so before - I'm sure it's easy. Navilyn, Kasper, Tmag, John are also MODs who could help. And of course Kevin or James.

What would you like your new username to be?
    07-17-07 11:40 PM
    Actually I'm pretty sure we can't even do it. You'll have to get one of the site Admins to help out. Try sending a PM to Kevin Michaluk or James Falconer.
    07-17-07 11:47 PM
    Thanks, Kasper. Oops....sorry - just trying to be helpful. I thought Navilyn figured MODs could. No problem at all, Kevin and James respond very quickly.
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    07-17-07 11:54 PM
    MMB916, thanks for the help.

I have been out of country for awhile so it took me long to get back to you, sorry about that... If you could change it to "ReMeR" that would be great.
    07-28-07 09:44 AM
    Yes the others are correct except for one thing, user names can't be changed in VBullentin. I admin a LOT of sites and usernames are one of the only things that can't be changed. Unless something is different with the vBSEO software and how it works with VB.
    07-28-07 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD