Just joined the site, hoping to get my BlackBerry in the next month or so. Should i get the Bold.
    10-24-08 08:42 AM
    Who is your preferred carrier?
    10-24-08 08:44 AM
    my carrier is vodafone as im in ireland
    10-24-08 08:56 AM
    well its a no brainer then... get the STORM
    10-24-08 09:04 AM
    cool thanks very much
    10-24-08 09:10 AM
    welcome and you cant make a bad choice on a bb
    10-24-08 02:09 PM
    welcome and you cant make a bad choice on a bb
    im actually gonna have to agree, there really are no bad choices when it comes to blackberry, just make sure its the one for you
    10-24-08 04:08 PM
    welcome to the crack scratchy!!
    10-24-08 04:12 PM
    welcome to crackberry!
    10-24-08 04:34 PM
    Hello & welcome to the CB family!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-08 05:57 PM
    Welcome to CB.

10-24-08 06:19 PM
    Hi and welcome to CB

10-24-08 06:22 PM
    Welcome to the addiction
    10-24-08 06:22 PM
    Glad you could join us. Welcome.
    10-25-08 01:30 AM
    welcome to cb!
    10-25-08 09:31 AM
    I think i might get the storm, hopefully ill get it through work in the next 3 weeks. I know this may be a stupid question but is the storm wifi enabled
    10-26-08 05:02 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    10-26-08 05:45 PM
    Just joined the site, hoping to get my BlackBerry in the next month or so. Should i get the Bold.
    Don't be lead into a specific model here. What matters is that it works for you.

Ireland has good 3G coverage at least in the main population centres, but it is likely to be weaker in the more rural areas. The obvious choices are Bold or Storm if you have 3G available in your main workinng areas. If you find 3G is not available in your main working areas that doesn't stop your phone from working, it will simply fall back to the older protocols.

You said ... through work. If the job won't spring for the latest, the obvious choice would be the Curve (83xx) family but you lose 3G.

The differences:
    Bold - traditional design with a hardware keyboard and trackball. WiFi capable. GPS as standard. Available now.

Storm - Touchscreen, no WiFi. (GPS unknown). Not released to market yet.

In general Bold is probably more oriented to business use, and Storm is aimed to compete against iPhone at the top of the consumer market. However, both are very capable phones and have all the traditional BlackBerry advantages.

Curve range - Mature product, well respected but probably due to be replaced fairly soon. Slightly lighter and smaller than the new models above.

The advice:
    Decide exactly what you want your BB to do, and write your specification in several columns,
    Must Have; Would be Nice; Must Not Have; Don't Care.
    Now stick to it and look at the specifications on the manufacturer's website to eliminate the non-starters. Then see what your preferred supplier(s) are supporting locally.

Go to your local BlackBerry supplier's store and get hands-on with the models you fancy. See which one feels right in your hands and is easiest to use. It might be new and flash, but touchscreen is not for everyone.

Don't be deceived by the bigger screen area on Storm because the onscreen keyboard steals half of it and the area remaining for working data is not much different to Bold and Curve.
    10-26-08 06:24 PM
    The only reason why i was thinking of the storm is because it has the touch screen and as i have the iphone already and i think its easy to use. That would be the main reason i get the storm. I also need something with 3G
    10-28-08 04:31 AM
    Welcome to the CB family! I personally have the 8330, and I love it - the best phone I've ever had. I don't think you can go wrong, no matter which BB you choose! Enjoy!]
    10-28-08 10:37 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

~JEF~
    11-03-08 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD