I just received my first Blackberry, an 8703e today. I bought it off eBay from a seller who was "selling it because [he] switched to AT&T."

It works fine and I've already activated it. However, I just looked under the battery cover, and on the bottom of the device, to the left of center, there is a red square.

Shouldn't that be white?

The battery has a white sticker on it with a red line through it.

How concerned about this should I be?
    03-06-08 08:43 PM
    Yup. It's been wet. I think that as long as everything works, you should be fine.
    03-06-08 08:47 PM
    But if I ever have to use my total equipment protection, won't they refuse me when they see this?
    03-06-08 08:49 PM
    I would try to contact the sender and ask for your money back

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-08 08:51 PM
    Yup. total equipment protection from...who? You're provider?

If YOU think it'll be a problem, then ask whoever's selling you the coverage.

But the red sticker voids warranty and all that. Not sure, but i think it's covered under Insurance from a provider as long as you pay your deductible when it messes up.
    03-06-08 08:52 PM
    Ya they won't take it back if it has water damage

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-08 08:53 PM
    It's on Sprint. I have the $7/month total equipment protection plan from them where I pay a deductible and get a new or refurbished phone if mine gets stolen or broken. Anyone know how that would go with a red water damage sticker?
    03-06-08 08:58 PM
    WOULD Not be covered under warranty. But i think that's insurance from sprint, so yeah i think it'll be covered.

Call up a rep to calm your nerves guy!
    03-06-08 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD