Hello, im not yet a crackberry user per say, but ive been following the storm threads for months now and finally friday I will be making the switch from my very boring voyager to STORM!

Well for my question, in the time ive had my voyager I frequented many "hacking" threads and since ive been on crackberry.com i really havent seen any "hacking" type thread. Is it illegal to talk about that here or is there really no type of hacking on a BlackBerry?
    11-16-08 09:32 AM
    The forum rules limit what we can discuss. Anything illegal in nature, of course, would not be allowed.
    11-16-08 09:38 AM
    plus the amazing security features prevent it from hacks
    11-16-08 09:40 AM
    Aside from the basic forums rules against "Hacking", ones definition may vary of course...What would you even want to hack/crack/exploit? Lol, it's a pointless procedure really with the security on the device and the prop OS, theirs very little you'd actually even gain access to and even less worth gaining access too.
    11-16-08 09:57 AM
    It really depends on your definition of hacking. I tend towards the older definition whereby a programmer will produce a rally neat piece of code that makes the harware do something really neat. People who do this are very useful to society ingeneral and I welcome dialoging with them.

The modern definition of a hacker invading, damaging or vandalising someone else's property or privacy has, imo no place at all on Crackberry. If I see any of that occurring the perpetrator will find themselves outside Crackberry.com in very short order.

Having said that, if the OP is a programmer and wants a neat challenge he can hack Desktop Manager and let me kow how to access Device Memory from a PC program without using media manager. I will then incorporate this into CrackUtil for all to use.

THAT would be a real neat hack!
    11-16-08 10:25 AM
    Hello, im not yet a crackberry user per say, but ive been following the storm threads for months now and finally friday I will be making the switch from my very boring voyager to STORM!

Well for my question, in the time ive had my voyager I frequented many "hacking" threads and since ive been on crackberry.com i really havent seen any "hacking" type thread. Is it illegal to talk about that here or is there really no type of hacking on a BlackBerry?
    It really depends on your definition of hacking. I tend towards the older definition whereby a programmer will produce a rally neat piece of code that makes the harware do something really neat. People who do this are very useful to society ingeneral and I welcome dialoging with them.
    I think (hope) this is what the OP is referring too. Sites like PPCGeeks & others of that nature come to mind. If he's talking warez, we dont do that here.
    11-16-08 10:30 AM
    I think (hope) this is what the OP is referring too. Sites like PPCGeeks & others of that nature come to mind. If he's talking warez, we dont do that here.
    If he does that, then see para. 2 of my first post, this thread.
    11-16-08 12:17 PM
    I agree completely Pete, well put...
    11-16-08 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD