Hi, I'm a new blackberry user and have just picked up a new bold (used to use an Ipaq 6515). Very very happy with it. I am looking for software that gives turn by turn navigation with pre-loaded maps. I often travel in areas without cell coverage. Can anybody help me with this?
    08-27-08 10:31 AM
    RIM Blackberry maps that ships with the Bold 9000 will not have turn by turn navigation. You need to go with software from Garmin or TeleNav for that functionality. Here is a link to Garmin:

Garmin | Garmin Mobile for BlackBerry - Turn your BlackBerry into a savvy navigator with Garmin Mobile
    08-27-08 10:57 AM
    Thanks Patrick, the only problem with Garmin is that they do not indicate if this available for the Bold yet, they also won't allow for a download if you are not from the UK or U.S.... being Canadian this seems a problem. Are you aware of any other programs?
    08-27-08 12:07 PM
    Are you kidding me no turn by turn. What about Google Maps?
    08-27-08 12:28 PM
    Same problem as the others, if you loose connection to your network you loose the map data feed, which of course is problem, as you can't call or get GPS data... talk about being lost!
    08-27-08 12:43 PM
    Thanks Patrick, the only problem with Garmin is that they do not indicate if this available for the Bold yet, they also won't allow for a download if you are not from the UK or U.S.... being Canadian this seems a problem. Are you aware of any other programs?

Google proxy server
    08-27-08 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD