I just picked up a 8320 over the weekend so far i like it

My question is how do i get more text message space ?? I only have about 20 maybe 30 and it says there is no more space . I already read that you can't store them in the media card.

Do i need to free up some space on my sim card??

Any help would be nice
    Thanks
    S.B.
    08-18-08 03:33 PM
    Follow the link in my signature to optimize your memoury.

What I don't understand is where you say "it says there is no more space." When you run low on memoury, your device will delete your texts, emails, and call logs. It won't alert you that there is no more space. So I guess my question is, are you speaking of storing texts on your SIM or the device itself????? :confuse:
    08-18-08 03:36 PM
    Follow the link in my signature to optimize your memoury.

What I don't understand is where you say "it says there is no more space." When you run low on memoury, your device will delete your texts, emails, and call logs. It won't alert you that there is no more space. So I guess my question is, are you speaking of storing texts on your SIM or the device itself????? :confuse:

Thank you

I just got the phone so i really dont have a lot on it as far as numbers and a few text messages. No emails or anything else.

I'm not sure how to word my question but on my old phone i was able to store 500+ text messages.. and on this phone i cant get past 30 messages.

Sorry if i'm not clear
    08-18-08 03:51 PM
    Hmm. Ok... You'll have to forgive me, as I am a CDMA person, and I am relatively unfamiliar with all the functions of a SIM card.

At any rate, texts are stored in your device memoury. I have every text message going back to May on my phone right now, and I am a very heavy texter. There is no reason whatsoever you should not be able to store a maximum of 30 text messages........ Hmm.
    08-18-08 03:54 PM
    Hmm. Ok... You'll have to forgive me, as I am a CDMA person, and I am relatively unfamiliar with all the functions of a SIM card.

At any rate, texts are stored in your device memoury. I have every text message going back to May on my phone right now, and I am a very heavy texter. There is no reason whatsoever you should not be able to store a maximum of 30 text messages........ Hmm.

So to free up "device memory" i would have to free up some space by deleting applications on my phone correct?? Or is there an option to set the storage limit??
    08-18-08 03:58 PM
    Follow Stoner's memory optimization guide

You may also need to set your berry to not store messages on the SIM, but on the device

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 04:01 PM

You may also need to set your berry to not store messages on the SIM, but on the device
    Is that info in the stoner guide?? i can't find it. How do i set my bb to store to the device ??
    08-18-08 04:08 PM
    Bump for an answer
    08-20-08 01:42 PM
    Is that info in the stoner guide?? i can't find it. How do i set my bb to store to the device ??
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

That information is not covered in the guide.

If I understand correctly, your sms messages are being saved to your SIM card, not device memory.

Options / SMS / Leave Messages on SIM Card: NO

Store SMS text messages on your SIM card
    If you set your SIM card to store SMS text messages, the SIM card does not delete SMS text messages after the BlackBerry� device imports
    them to a message list.
    1. In the device options, click SMS.
    2. Set the Leave Messages On SIM Card field to Yes.
    3. Press the Menu key.
    4. Click Save.
    To stop storing SMS text messages on your SIM card, set the Leave Messages On SIM Card field to No. If you set this field to No, SMS
    text messages on your SIM card are deleted after the device imports them to a message list.
    Last edited by Stoner; 08-20-08 at 01:51 PM.
    08-20-08 01:47 PM
    Options: SMS Text: Leave messages on SIM Card : NO

make sure you have it set to "no"
    08-20-08 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD