OK my name is Rusty and I live outside Memphis,TN. I have just gotten my BB curve 8310. I really like it! I didnt think that something like this could take over my life but it has and I have only had i about 2 weeks. I am having a problem with the internet browsing. I have gone to the beginners 101 and BB's web site. Maybe someone with alittle more knowledge can help. Where do I start? I have hooked up the BIS but I am not sure how to do anything. Can I browse the internet like I can on my PC? Any help will be great!
    06-12-08 12:40 PM
    Assuming you have a BlackBerry data plan activated for your device, you should see a globe icon with an orange/yellow arrow around the globe. This is the browser.
    06-12-08 12:47 PM
    I can get on but how do I get anywhere? Is there a nav bar that I am missing? Like how do I get to this mobile.blackberry.com? I mean can I browse the internet like on my PC at home?
    06-12-08 12:53 PM
    If you press menu you will see navigation options. Remember the menu button is very useful for navigating around your phone.
    06-12-08 12:59 PM
    When you pull up the menu, you can select "Go To" and the navigation bar will pop up and allow you to type in the desired address.
    06-12-08 01:00 PM
    ok i got it! It seems in my screwing around today that I needed to exit the browser, which was stuck on media net, and reopen it. Now I have what I was looking for. Thank you guys/gals very much. I am still learning this thing. I am sure it is going to take awhile. Thanks again.
    06-12-08 01:04 PM
    No problem.
    Just a word of advice... When you are exiting programs, make sure you are properly closing them out by selecting Menu>Close instead of just hitting the red End button like a normal phone. Just think of your BB as a mini computer.
    06-12-08 01:07 PM
    That was the problem. I was hitting the back arrow not ending it. This is so different than any other phone I have ever had, so I realize the time to learn things will be long. I am just glad that this site is here, and people are willing to help us challenged people!
    06-12-08 01:11 PM
    welcome to cb, where no question is stupid
    (just some are redundant)
    06-12-08 01:21 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry.com

Please... You are welcome to ask any question at any time!
    06-13-08 03:20 AM
    Yes I am sure that I am not the first to ask such questions and I am sure I wont be the last. Hey I have read that the is a new OS for the 83xx. I know that they come out by carrier such as ATT and TM but on Rims site I can not find an upgrade. Now I have looked on ATT's site and can not find one. The reason I ask is because my 8310 does not record video. I think that is strange. Anyway I hear the new OS supports video recording. Anyone know anything about this?
    06-13-08 06:26 AM
    I had this exact same problem the first day, in fact I didn't get "Go To" in my pullup menu. A couple people here suggested that it might need a day for Verizon to get me registered and all set. I can't know if that's what happened or not, but it did indeed work itself out later in the day after buying it.
    06-13-08 06:49 AM
    Hi - welcome to CB... you will find ALOT of members here that are extremely helpful, knowledgeable and friendly!
    06-13-08 09:03 AM
    welcome to the fam....enjoy you're new Crackberry
    06-13-08 12:23 PM
    As you guys know I am new to all this ok that being said, i have been reading about this new 4.5 OS and havent gotten many answers about it. What about Operamini? maybe I didnt spell that right but what is it? something I need. And where do I go to download all this stuff?
    06-14-08 02:34 PM
    the only stupid questions are the ones you dont ask. also get yourself opera mini, google search, or yahoo go for web browsing. these are far better than your carriers browser.
    06-14-08 02:51 PM
    Hello my fellow Memphian and welcome to CRACKberry!! If you want to PM me I can give you my number qand try to help out any way I can. I have an 8310 with AT&T and have had it a while, so I could probably help out if you like. Let me know and good seeing someone that lives close to me on this site.
    06-14-08 08:07 PM
    ok fantom1023 where do you get the new ver.4.5 and is it worth the download? and what is DM ver4.6?
    06-15-08 07:42 PM
    welcome to the forums!
    Here's the only official 4.5 release.
    Hilfe & Support / BlackBerry / BlackBerry-Handhelds / BlackBerry Curve 8310 vodafone.de
    Use it at your own risk.
    06-15-08 08:31 PM
    well what i want to know is this the beta or the real thing?
    06-15-08 10:27 PM
    well what i want to know is this the beta or the real thing?
    Its supposed to be the real thing, yet it is from a different carrier. I can hook you up with the .42 which is release quality yet it is still a beta. DM 4.6 is the latest beta version of Desktop Manager. I can also hook you up with that as well. It is what will be shipped with the Bold when it come out, whenever that is. Just let me know what you decide. Later.
    06-16-08 07:44 PM
    You may also want to enable the full menu on your phone by going to options then screen/keyboard settings.In there at the bottom is the setting to enable the full menue when you press the BB "menu" button. Don't forget that when you make any changes to settings on your phone or browser, you need to press BB "menu" button and SAVE those changes so they will stay in effect. Once you have the full menue available to you then if all else fails when doing something on the phone just press the BB button for the pop-up menu which in most cases give you the tools you need with just one click.
    06-16-08 08:13 PM
    Its supposed to be the real thing, yet it is from a different carrier. I can hook you up with the .42 which is release quality yet it is still a beta. DM 4.6 is the latest beta version of Desktop Manager. I can also hook you up with that as well. It is what will be shipped with the Bold when it come out, whenever that is. Just let me know what you decide. Later.
    got ya. so when is the "official" version coming out? I know that AT&T should have it on the site. I have heard that it should be this month. How many problems have you had out of it? I tink that I ave downloaded the DM from BB site. My expensive Fujitsu laptop dosen't have a cd drive how F'ed up is that? Anyway let me know.
    06-17-08 01:38 AM
    got ya. so when is the "official" version coming out? I know that AT&T should have it on the site. I have heard that it should be this month. How many problems have you had out of it? I tink that I ave downloaded the DM from BB site. My expensive Fujitsu laptop dosen't have a cd drive how F'ed up is that? Anyway let me know.
    Nobody knows when the official version will be out. The rumor goes that the OS has been given to the carriers, and that they ar testing it out on their devices and will "soon" release it to the public. I have only one beef with the OS and that is that the ringer is not vrey loud. I have to have it on high to come close to hearing it. Let me know if you need anything else. Later!
    06-17-08 06:35 PM
    welcome to CB
    06-17-08 06:59 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD