Well, tomorrow is the big day. My Bold is set to be delivered. I fell so excited and unprepared. I've been reading everything I can find, but due to the huge size of these forums, there is lots of what may be old/incorrect info. So I turn to you Crackberry nation for a few answers.

1. I have 2 email accounts. 1 Gmail, and 1 @ work (POP or IMAP). What would be the best way to set these up if I will be checking mail on my Bold and my laptop? The Gmail app? Or at the AT&T BIS site?

2. I use Outlook 2007 for my work email. Will my calendar & tasks sync magically to my new Blackberry when I set it up? What happens if I add a new task or calendar entry on my phone or in Outlook? Will it be copied both ways?

3. What is the best way to get my contacts (names, emails, phone numbers, etc) into my phone? Right now they are pretty scattered; I've got work stuff in Outlook, personal stuff in Gmail, and all my phone numbers in my crappy flip phone. Should I just enter everything into Outlook so it will copy to my Bold?

I know these questions are a lot, but I'd appreciate any answers you could give me. There is just SO much knowledge here that it's tough to know what I can believe. Thanks!!!
    04-27-09 10:10 PM
    I'm getting excited! FedEx shows it out on the vehicle for delivery! Yay!!
    04-28-09 09:53 AM
    you will not regret it

JWNY
    04-28-09 10:27 AM
    you will not regret it

JWNY
    I have no doubt. I went back and forth for MONTHS about weather or not I deserved one. My wife finally told me to just "shut up and order the thing". I love her so much.
    04-28-09 10:32 AM
    1. I have 2 email accounts. 1 Gmail, and 1 @ work (POP or IMAP). What would be the best way to set these up if I will be checking mail on my Bold and my laptop? The Gmail app? Or at the AT&T BIS site?
    You can log into your BIS and add them both from there.

2. I use Outlook 2007 for my work email. Will my calendar & tasks sync magically to my new Blackberry when I set it up? What happens if I add a new task or calendar entry on my phone or in Outlook? Will it be copied both ways?Using the desktop manager you will be able to set it to sync your calender and tasks between Outlook and your Blackberry. It will sync both ways if you choose for it to.

3. What is the best way to get my contacts (names, emails, phone numbers, etc) into my phone? Right now they are pretty scattered; I've got work stuff in Outlook, personal stuff in Gmail, and all my phone numbers in my crappy flip phone. Should I just enter everything into Outlook so it will copy to my Bold?If all of your numbers are in your flip phone, make sure they are all saved to the sim card(if you can easily do this), and then put the sim card in the blackberry and it will automatically trasnfer the numbers. You can set Outlook to sync its contacts with your BB, and you can download Google Sync to Sync your Google Contacts.

There you go.
    04-28-09 10:42 AM
    hearmeoutx- You ROCK! I've been adding all my Gmail contacts & phone numbers from my old phone into Outlook this morning. It's a PITA, but I thought that would be the easiest way. Thanks so much for the answers!!
    04-28-09 11:08 AM
    No problem! Enjoy the phone .
    04-28-09 11:12 AM
    So its here and working fine. I wonder what made it a refurb, it seems brand new. I've got the gmail app on, and my work email setup so far. My laptop should be fixed today, so I'll get my outlook stuff on then.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 01:22 PM
    Congrats and have fun breaking it in. You're going to have a helluva time putting it down!
    04-30-09 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD