Hey everyone!

Have a total newb question here! I'm using a small samsung t619 phone w/ Tmobile. I've had tons and tons of connectivity issues with this phone for the past 6 months. I found a workaround though, (LOL), the phone receives calls and connects fine, when I take off the back plate (the one that covers the battery and sim card). Time to get rid of this phone!!! + my tmobile contract just expired
    so, I'm thinking to get the Curve and get their discount with another 2year contract ... for $99 after discounts.

I've also had HP pocket PC pda that I've been using for while, I like it's calendar and to-dos ... which is why I thought Curve could combine it with the phone, although I'm not planning on emailing (which is like the main reason everyone likes BBs) I text but not too much.

So, please please tell me is it worth to get a Curve for me? or should I just continue with the small phones and a PDA? unless I should wait for somth. better from BB ... Storm and touchscreen keyboards overall do not attract me, seem harder to use than actual buttons ... I do not expect any better things next month or so.

sorry for the rant

P.S.
    sounds like a total silly and dum question, but could not hold back from asking it
    10-28-08 10:35 PM
    ....Sprint has the best deal with the Simply everything plan for blackberry, PLUS I found that you can order the curve online for 39 dollars through radioshack
    10-28-08 10:52 PM
    If you want to wait, TMO is coming out with the Javelin/Curve 8900 probably in the first quarter of next year. You will have to pay extra, since it will be a new phone. If price is an issue for ya, go with the Curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-08 10:53 PM
    The $99 after rebate is a great price for the Curve - - it's a good phone with good battery life and even if you don't get data plan for email it's still a great handset. It Syncs well with Outlook or other PIM applications and you'll find its a lot more convienient than carrying around a phone and a PDA. Convergence is the name of the game!
    10-28-08 11:13 PM
    Thanx for ur posts so much!!! it helps!

LOL I'd wait and pay if the new one has the functionality I will use ...

It seems to have a finer screen, better case design, better track ball ...

I like if it is more durable - i. e. better track ball might be worth it, otherwise not sure if I'll benefit from the new one, I just need a reliable phone + calendar + to dos + qwerty that's really all, well showing photos to people too

thank ya all
    10-28-08 11:17 PM
    Alright, per dawg357, I feel confident now, going with the Curve fo sho !

thx so much man!
    10-28-08 11:22 PM
    Alright, per dawg357, I feel confident now, going with the Curve fo sho !

thx so much man!

you really should'nt listen to me - I don't have a clue what I am talkin' about

10-29-08 12:54 AM
    I love my curve... No issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-08 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD