Can someone tell me how to format my media card? It was working just fine until a few minutes ago. I connected my BB 8320 via the USB port to see if my pc would recognize it (it would not recognize my HTC Dash). Well, it worked, and I was able to access my pictures and the media card (had to turn on the mass media storage option tho). Well, now that I did that, I am getting a message saying my media card has an error on it, so I cannot access it. The Media Card option under Options says the card cannot be read and to verify if the memory card is formatted.

Last edited by redraider21; 12-11-08 at 05:28 PM. Reason: grammer
    12-11-08 05:28 PM
    Options/memory/menu button/format card

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 05:29 PM
    I have never had to format a media card.

12-12-08 03:26 AM
    Have you taken your card out and put it in another phone to copy media? Motorola perhaps?
    12-12-08 08:23 AM
    You can also do it when it is plugged to the PC. Find the drive for the memory card and right click and 'format'
    12-12-08 08:54 AM
    And.....

Welcome to CB!

Feel free to post any questions that come up. Our addicts are always willing to assist you.

Enjoy the addiction™
    12-12-08 01:01 PM
    Formatting Media Cards in the phone causes the required BlackBerry folder structure to be created. So whilst it is a valid test to format in the PC (or Mac, jayden) once the card can be successfully read in the phone, it is a good idea to re-format it in the phone as laid out in earlier posts.

Are we learning yet joe003?
    12-12-08 02:15 PM
    quick question, just bought a 16gb memory card , device was not found by pc so card was formatted thru phone, after formatting card it went from a 16gb to 2.9gb. please help!!!!
    05-02-09 01:57 AM
    Needed this info. to, thanks.
    05-02-09 11:16 AM
    Hey, Guys and Gurus!

My phone is a Blackberry Curve 8310. I was experiencing a similar problem (phone couldn't see the media card, neither could the computer), and under options>media card it told me to "verify that the media card had been formatted."
    I did a menu button>format card>yes and was disappointed to learn that the "memory card format FAILED".
    <sigh> "OK"

Is the hardware hooped?
    05-20-09 11:00 AM
    anyone ?trying to use media sync, but keep getting error saying, turn mass storage on but it is on, what the fu*k?
    05-20-09 09:28 PM
    yes. i am having the same problems as normastits. my media sync worked with the card which came with my phone but uprgraded to a 16 gb card. now the same prompt: error, turn mass storage on (which i have via the phone) and i know the memory card is properly installed as the phone says there is 14.9 gb of space on the media card. i have tried running the media sync in conversion mode in xp and still, nothing. any advice would be appreciated.
    05-21-09 08:43 PM
    I'm having a similar problem. I played the music on my media card through my phone on the computer. The next day, I tried to do the same thing and my phone stated that my media card needs to be formatted. Won't that erase all my pictures, music, etc...?

05-26-09 08:58 PM
    I'm having a similar problem. I played the music on my media card through my phone on the computer. The next day, I tried to do the same thing and my phone stated that my media card needs to be formatted. Won't that erase all my pictures, music, etc...?

Yes it will erase all of your media when you reformat it. One idea would be is to take your media card out of the device, use a micro sd card reader and transfer the media off of the card onto the pc. Then you can reformat the card in the device and wipe everything. You can then go back and add the media files back using drag and drop method. Good luck...
    05-26-09 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD