Ps color pearl only works with 8100, not any other! Why did blackberry do that? Stupid if you ask me!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-08 09:50 PM
    make love to it...

wait, what?
    wait, what?
    03-03-08 09:11 PM
    make love to it...

wait, what?
    wow.

03-03-08 11:03 PM
    gotta subscribe to this thread!
    waiting to hear about good bb stuff for mac's!
    03-07-08 07:51 PM
    Set a high score in brickbreaker. buy a case for your BB. Be good to your BB, and it will be good to you.

03-08-08 10:20 AM
    First thing I recommend is to make sure you have an unlimited Blackberry data plan. That's the key to getting the most out of your Blackberry. Not some generic smartphone plan, but a bona fide Blackberry Data Plan.

Then protect it. A screen protector is a must for me. I prefer Screen Patronus myself, but Martin Fields is another popular brand. My devices get a screen protector before they leave the box they arrive in. A skin is another good way to protect it. They slip on and off easily, add some shock protection, and don't change the appearance too much.

Find a theme you like. And some wallpapers. A good theme can change how you use your Blackberry and make it do things more the way you like them done. Wallpaper is an easy way to change the look of your 'berry without doing any more than a few clicks of your trackball. Keeps it fresh looking.

Get a bluetooth headset. I'm using a Jawbone - best bt headset I've ever used. Jabra makes some good ones too. Lots of reviews available on this forum and others about what's best in way of bluetooth.

Assign a password to lock your Blackberry. Even if you turn this feature off (autolock), just setting a password means no one else can do it and lock you out of your own Blackberry. Believe it or not, I've run across several people who have handed their new BB to someone to look at it or play with it and gotten it back with a password. The "friend" playing with it says, "sorry, I don't know what I did," and doesn't know what password he set. Then you've got to wipe it clean, lose all your data, and start again. Just setting it means no one can change it or set it themselves.
    03-09-08 05:52 PM
    and in the wake of the recent events, where some of us lost our BB ( whether stolen or we just forgot / misplaced) it is good idea to get a tracking BB software

there are several good ones in here (some are free some are not). just find what suit you.

Berry locator

BB Tracker

find it

Note: These are what I know off, there may be more
    03-09-08 09:31 PM
    First thing I did.

Played with it for about 25 minutes just to get a general idea of how things worked.

Installed Desktop Manager and didn't see anything too impressive about it. (am I missing something?)

Got on google.com

typed in blackberry forums and checked out a couple site and settled on CB when I found:

The BlackBerry 101 Lecture Series (found in Tips, How To & FAQ section)

After you go through that just start pouring over the CB forums. People seem to be very helpful and very informed about their BB's.

It has helped me a ton. Great community, keep up the awesome work.

-D
    03-11-08 01:07 PM
    and in the wake of the recent events, where some of us lost our BB ( whether stolen or we just forgot / misplaced) it is good idea to get a tracking BB software

there are several good ones in here (some are free some are not). just find what suit you.

Berry locator

BB Tracker

find it

Note: These are what I know off, there may be more
    Great apps just wish they worked with Verizon - :\
    03-11-08 02:10 PM
    Great apps just wish they worked with Verizon - :\
    they should,
    ohhh,,.... since VZW cripple your GPS :<
    03-11-08 05:49 PM
    you should diff get Jivetalk if u chat alot
    03-13-08 01:17 AM
    [QUOTE=naviwilliams;112717]...unpack it all, and just sit and look at the 'wonder' of BlackBerry for about five minutes!

Oh, then get:
    1. Viigo
    2. Beam Berry
    3. The respective IM application that you want (Yahoo, AIM, etc)
    4. EMpower 's HTML Viewer
    ...ok, who's next?[

HOW DO I DOWNLOAD VIIGO TO MY BB
    04-04-08 08:50 PM
    My employer requires blackberrys to have a password and lock automatically after a few minutes. When you touch a key, you see:
    User Name
    US Gov't Property. Unauthorized use is subject to prosecution. Use is subject to monitoring. If found call 1-866-nnn-nnnn.

A few months ago, I lost my blackberry on the Washington, DC, Metro. By the time I got back to my apartment and contacted our help desk, someone on the train had found the phone and called the number. The help desk gave me the finder's name and number, and a couple of hrs later I met her at the train station and got my phone back. Getting your phone back is worth the inconvenience of locking it.
    04-04-08 10:21 PM
    thanks for the info. Learn something new everyday.
    04-07-08 03:40 PM
    My employer requires blackberrys to have a password and lock automatically after a few minutes. When you touch a key, you see:
    User Name
    US Gov't Property. Unauthorized use is subject to prosecution. Use is subject to monitoring. If found call 1-866-nnn-nnnn.

A few months ago, I lost my blackberry on the Washington, DC, Metro. By the time I got back to my apartment and contacted our help desk, someone on the train had found the phone and called the number. The help desk gave me the finder's name and number, and a couple of hrs later I met her at the train station and got my phone back. Getting your phone back is worth the inconvenience of locking it.
    I'm new to the BB as well... So, pardon my ignorance, but how do you change the lock screen to show something like that?

Also, that "find it" app [conveniencesoftware (dot) com (slash) findit (dot) html - Sorry... can't post links yet] is really cool... Is there an app out there that has a similar function that's free? Anyone?
    04-11-08 02:11 PM
    Select Options/Owner and put the desired text in the Information field. My employer uses an IT policy to fill the field, so I can't edit mine, but you can put whatever you want there. Offer a reward, for example.
    04-11-08 02:52 PM
    when you download the blackberry software to your computer and you go to media at the bottom where you copy the phone how do you add your device? My phone is connected but at the botom under device it just says connect a device there is not one connected.
    04-11-08 04:29 PM
    I believe you have to set the correct port that its being plugged into so your computer can "see it"

Jim
    04-11-08 06:19 PM
    Does anyone know if there is a color curve out there that changes the color of the trackball similar to the color pearl mentioned? I've searched to no avail. Thanks.
    05-10-08 01:44 PM
    To get the espn app go to espn.com and it should say it towards the bottom of the page just click it and dload it and have fun

05-11-08 04:51 PM
    this is a pretty good thread..
    i still haven't done crap to mine..

umm..
    crackberry to the wapsite? gosh im so cluelessssssssss.
    heeeeeelp!
    05-11-08 05:34 PM
    Add the CrackBerry launcher for the WAP site, then set one of your convenience keys to open it.
    Hi. Please advise exactly how I do this.
    05-29-08 10:09 AM
    How do I delete the Pics that were preloaded?
    Also, which bluetooth headset would you recommend, thinking of getting an adapter for my ipod, don't want to bang up my pearl in the gym.
    05-29-08 02:34 PM
    Hug him and squeeze him and call him George!!
    05-29-08 06:38 PM
    Download tellme. Its an app where you just say what you want (movies, directions, products) and it finds it for you and gives you directions.

Tellme | Say it. Get It.
    Last edited by Schmitty75; 05-29-08 at 06:49 PM.
    05-29-08 06:46 PM
125 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD