After being a devout android user for years I have finally came back to blackberry. I didn't purchase the latest and greatest (a z10), but am slowly getting back into the world of blackberry. It's taking a little bit of adjustment. The last time I had a blackberry was back when I had a 9900. Wow blackberry has come a long way! I'm impressed with the keyboard, blackberry hub and overall experience. I'm not missing android right now or any of my apps. I enjoy the better app permissions on blackberry as it seems better than android. Just my two cents as a guy who left blackberry awhile back and was trying to get back. Surprisingly there are not many blackberry phones for sale in my area. I was lucky to pick this up. Anybody else come back to blackberry after having either android or iOS for years?

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 12:31 AM
    Welcome back! I've used Android for a tablet and I don't like Android a ton. I'm going back to BlackBerry after being on Windows Phone for 4 months.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 12:39 AM
    Thanks! So far I really enjoy it! There's a bit of a learning curve bit everything is still pretty easy to pick up. I wish BlackBerry made an affordable tablet. The PlayBook looked cool but sadly it doesn't offer current bb10...
    What device are you using?

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 12:50 AM
    Blackberry should go back to make a tablet with bb10. This will definitely make new customers into blackberry's world. But knowing what Chen really want... I doubt it.
    extisis likes this.
    06-27-15 01:09 AM
    Thanks! So far I really enjoy it! There's a bit of a learning curve bit everything is still pretty easy to pick up. I wish BlackBerry made an affordable tablet. The PlayBook looked cool but sadly it doesn't offer current bb10...
    What device are you using?

Posted via CB10
    I'm using a Q10 currently but I'm getting the Z30 next week. I have a Z10 but the screen is cracked and haven't fixed it yet (Been a year now). I'll probably get the Q5 this fall and then get Classic around Christmas time. Not a big fan of Passport since I have small hands :/

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 01:41 AM
    Blackberry should go back to make a tablet with bb10. This will definitely make new customers into blackberry's world. But knowing what Chen really want... I doubt it.
    PB2? Could happen, they never said they wouldn't make a second tablet. Only time well tell though.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 01:43 AM
    Welcome back. BlackBerry is the best! :-)

  
    techguy1 likes this.
    06-27-15 02:09 AM
    Welcome back. The new generation BBOS will certainly capture your heart in sometime to come... however, it will also make you miss some of the ex-features more... such as physical shutter button for the camera function, auto on/off feature, trackpad, as well as removable/exchangeable battery...
    techguy1 likes this.
    06-27-15 02:17 AM
    This is why I love the blackberry crowd! What a nice welcome back!

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 02:19 AM
    Should've gotten the Z30 at least lol. The Z10's batteries are horrendous. But the overall OS experience is superb.

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    extisis likes this.
    06-27-15 02:27 AM
    As a tech guy, I'm sure he knows how to manage the battery.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 02:37 AM
    Should've gotten the Z30 at least lol. The Z10's batteries are horrendous. But the overall OS experience is superb.

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    Looked for one and couldn't find one

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 02:47 AM
    How horrible is the z10 battery-
    - depends on the condition of the battery that comes with the set. Should it be a new set, what's the manufacturing date of the device as well as the battery? Should it be a 2nd hand/preowned set, what's the manufacturing date as well? After all... this model was released more than 2 yrs ago... and the 1st weakest link in the package, will always be the battery.
    - depends on the usage pattern of the user. How frequent does one makes his device work hard by executing battery draining, cpu clocking intensive apps decides on how much one can conserve the battery juice.
    - depends on how the users setup their devices to meet their usage requirement. Some like it bright, some like it loud, some like it fast, as well as some like it rocks... these are the basics in device settings that aids in retaining how much power from the batteries under the hood. And such basics applies to lots of other makes in the market, irregardless BB or not.

Personally, before i got the z3, i used to carry 2 z10s with me.
    1 connects to data network, also acts as workplace contact phone, another strictly just voice for my private line communication.
    The one with data connection connects to 2g network most of the time, as i don't require fast loading or unloading in web browsing or apps execution. In a single full charge, it serves me well on 2 days, or a little more than 48hrs usage.
    The other with just voice, requires me to charge 4 days once....

So... is the 1800mah enough for the z10s i owned?
    It's pretty enough!
    techguy1 likes this.
    06-27-15 02:49 AM
    As a tech guy, I'm sure he knows how to manage the battery.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm...yep

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 02:50 AM
    How horrible is the z10 battery-
    - depends on the condition of the battery that comes with the set. Should it be a new set, what's the manufacturing date of the device as well as the battery? Should it be a 2nd hand/preowned set, what's the manufacturing date as well? After all... this model was released more than 2 yrs ago... and the 1st weakest link in the package, will always be the battery.
    - depends on the usage pattern of the user. How frequent does one makes his device work hard by executing battery draining, cpu clocking intensive apps decides on how much one can conserve the battery juice.
    - depends on how the users setup their devices to meet their usage requirement. Some like it bright, some like it loud, some like it fast, as well as some like it rocks... these are the basics in device settings that aids in retaining how much power from the batteries under the hood. And such basics applies to lots of other makes in the market, irregardless BB or not.

Personally, before i got the z3, i used to carry 2 z10s with me.
    1 connects to data network, also acts as workplace contact phone, another strictly just voice for my private line communication.
    The one with data connection connects to 2g network most of the time, as i don't require fast loading or unloading in web browsing or apps execution. In a single full charge, it serves me well on 2 days, or a little more than 48hrs usage.
    The other with just voice, requires me to charge 4 days once....

So... is the 1800mah enough for the z10s i owned?
    It's pretty enough!
    Appreciate the input from your experience. The previous owner actually put a new battery in this z10 so I should be fine. Battery life so far has been good. I don't play any heavy graphic games or stream a lot. I probably oughta get a day or so from this battery.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 02:53 AM
    If anything is bad about battery life, buy a second battery for backup. That's what I did until I lost it one day.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 02:42 PM
    Welcome to the awesome world of BB10. I never liked Android and at the time I used it, I felt pushed into the popularity thing. It was either iPhone or Samsung Android and now I'm glad I made it back to BlackBerry and absolutely loving BB10. I'm more productive and even increase my text and email response with the physical keyboard.

It isn't always greener on the other side.
    06-27-15 02:57 PM
    Welcome back! You will love the new BB10. Vast improvements and addicting. Did you get the classic or passport?

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 03:07 PM
    I'm using a Q10 currently but I'm getting the Z30 next week. I have a Z10 but the screen is cracked and haven't fixed it yet (Been a year now). I'll probably get the Q5 this fall and then get Classic around Christmas time. Not a big fan of Passport since I have small hands :/

Posted via CB10
    My sister is 4'11 with arthritis and really likes her passport. I think you should give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    06-27-15 03:12 PM
    Welcome back. Enjoy the BB experience.
    06-27-15 04:46 PM
    Welcome back. Just in time for BB to go Android.

Via my HTC One M9...
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    06-27-15 08:18 PM
    Did your friends and family said you're crazy for going back?

Via my HTC One M9...
    If you could find a reliable source, that would be great!
    thymaster and bungaboy like this.
    06-27-15 10:05 PM
    My sister is 4'11 with arthritis and really likes her passport. I think you should give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    I held it at ATT and just didn't like it a ton honestly. I'll be glad to fully try it if you buy it for me though.
    06-28-15 02:48 AM
    Seriously telling op a lie is a new low.

Via my HTC One M9...
    bungaboy, lift and techguy1 like this.
    06-28-15 03:20 AM
    Welcome to the most efficient mobile OS! BlackBerry 10. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 04:17 AM
54 123