Newbie here. I searched the forum for an answer but had no luck. I originally posted this in the Curve 8320 folder but realized it was a generic newbie question, so sorry for the double posting.

I have separated my email and SMS. I also have 2 personal (internet) mail accounts setup. The only thing bugging me is that I get an SMS notifying me of every email I received, in addition to the actual email in the appropriate folder. The SMS just contains From, Subject, my phone number and an ID (1 or 2, depending on the email account).

I get 100 emails a day and can't have these flooding my SMS. There must be a way to disable these notifications, but I haven't found out how yet.

Any help?

Thanks!
    09-29-08 12:30 PM
    Newbie here. I searched the forum for an answer but had no luck. I originally posted this in the Curve 8320 folder but realized it was a generic newbie question, so sorry for the double posting.

I have separated my email and SMS. I also have 2 personal (internet) mail accounts setup. The only thing bugging me is that I get an SMS notifying me of every email I received, in addition to the actual email in the appropriate folder. The SMS just contains From, Subject, my phone number and an ID (1 or 2, depending on the email account).

I get 100 emails a day and can't have these flooding my SMS. There must be a way to disable these notifications, but I haven't found out how yet.

Any help?

Thanks!
    Sounds like you have the SMS alert generated from your t-mobile account - - does not sound like a BlackBerry problem. I suggest logging into your "My-Tmobile web page and check your alert settings there - you might have an alert sent to your phone when email comes in - if you don't have your My-Tmobile set up just check with their customer care.
    09-29-08 12:50 PM
    Sounds like you have the SMS alert generated from your t-mobile account - - does not sound like a BlackBerry problem. I suggest logging into your "My-Tmobile web page and check your alert settings there - you might have an alert sent to your phone when email comes in - if you don't have your My-Tmobile set up just check with their customer care.
    Turns out it was a T-Mobile problem, thanks. I wasn't able to fix it online as my my-tmobile account did not show any alerts set, but T-Mobile support was able to fix it. Specifically, the problem occured b/c I formerly had a Dash and the Dash gets silent SMS messages when it gets an email, but it knows not to display them (these trigger the phone to download the email). When I switched my account to a Curve, these alerts were never disabled even though my email account was converted over to BIS.

So thanks for getting me focused on T-Mobile as the source of the problem.
    09-29-08 02:16 PM
    Turns out it was a T-Mobile problem, thanks. I wasn't able to fix it online as my my-tmobile account did not show any alerts set, but T-Mobile support was able to fix it. Specifically, the problem occured b/c I formerly had a Dash and the Dash gets silent SMS messages when it gets an email, but it knows not to display them (these trigger the phone to download the email). When I switched my account to a Curve, these alerts were never disabled even though my email account was converted over to BIS.

So thanks for getting me focused on T-Mobile as the source of the problem.
    Glad it got fixed for you - - another interesting problem after switching from WM or another operating system
    09-30-08 04:56 PM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    09-30-08 04:59 PM
    Along the same lines, is there any easy shortcut or key to turn e-mail on/off. Example. I'm at work at my computer and don't need work e-mails heading to my BB. But when I leave, would be nice to just hit a quick key and flip it back on. Thoughts? First time user.
    09-30-08 09:06 PM
    Did anyone ever get this to stop forwarding messages between text and e-mail? I've spent over an hour on the phone with T-mobile and eventually RIM, and they can't seem to figure out what's going on? Thanks, -Beth
    02-23-09 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD