I am very, very close to purchasing a Storm. However, I do have a quick question about e-mail.

I end up working on 3 computers on a regular basis (one at my office, one at home and a laptop which I carry when I am on the road).

I receive a lot of e-mails in my business and have them sorted by client on my office computer.

I have MS Outlook set up to "leave a copy of the e-mail on server" on all computers, except my office computer. That way, I will have a copy of all e-mails received on my main computer, regardless which computer on which I originally received it.

My question is...will I be able to select a setting on the Blackberry Storm which will allow me to leave a copy of the e-mail on the server, so that it is still there for retreival with Outlook when I get back to my office.

BTW, I use Earthlink for my e-mail service and web site hosting.
    12-03-08 07:04 AM
    I am very, very close to purchasing a Storm. However, I do have a quick question about e-mail.

I end up working on 3 computers on a regular basis (one at my office, one at home and a laptop which I carry when I am on the road).

I receive a lot of e-mails in my business and have them sorted by client on my office computer.

I have MS Outlook set up to "leave a copy of the e-mail on server" on all computers, except my office computer. That way, I will have a copy of all e-mails received on my main computer, regardless which computer on which I originally received it.

My question is...will I be able to select a setting on the Blackberry Storm which will allow me to leave a copy of the e-mail on the server, so that it is still there for retreival with Outlook when I get back to my office.

BTW, I use Earthlink for my e-mail service and web site hosting.
    Yes - both the BIS and BES have this option. The BIS will allow 10 different e-mail accounts (not sure about BES).
    12-03-08 07:38 AM
    You have full control from you your Blackberry as far as leaving it on the server or keeping it on you BB only.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 07:41 AM
    Thank you for your quick replies!
    12-03-08 07:50 AM
    You have full control from you your Blackberry as far as leaving it on the server or keeping it on you BB only.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Where is this control on the BB? I'm trying to help a friend find this as he tells me his BB grabs his emails off the server w/o leaving a copy for his Outlook.
    12-03-08 09:55 AM
    Where is this control on the BB? I'm trying to help a friend find this as he tells me his BB grabs his emails off the server w/o leaving a copy for his Outlook.
    Check out this thread
    12-03-08 09:58 AM
    Thanks for the link Bob. Do I need to read this deeper? Seems like they're discusisng something else. My friend is saying that his BB is taking the only copy of the email (thus not leaving one for Outlook), not having issues with duplicate emails showing up.
    12-03-08 10:08 AM
    Thanks for the link Bob. Do I need to read this deeper? Seems like they're discusisng something else. My friend is saying that his BB is taking the only copy of the email (thus not leaving one for Outlook), not having issues with duplicate emails showing up.
    Yes - that should be mentioned in the thread. If your friend would go onto his carriers BIS website, there shold be something to the fact that indicates this. I know on T-Mobile, it's an option where you can select or remove this feature.
    12-03-08 10:11 AM
    Yes - that should be mentioned in the thread. If your friend would go onto his carriers BIS website, there shold be something to the fact that indicates this. I know on T-Mobile, it's an option where you can select or remove this feature.
    I'll keep reading throught it, thanks. Looking at my BIS site (mine is Sprint, his is ATT) I'm not seeing an option to leave messages on the server. My BB works just fine with leaving email on the server, so either I set it up correctly once upon a time or it just leaves email on the server by default. Not sure why his is behaving differently. Maybe he's mistaken...
    12-03-08 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD