Hello crackberry as you may kno by now I'm a newbie and I've read some things that keep suggesting that people upgrade there os. I own a blackberry curve (8320) and I read that wen u upgrade to os 4.5 that the curve (8320) will be able to video record even tho wen I brought the phone it didn't say that the phone could record videoes. Is my info wrong and if it isn't could someone please tell me how I could upgrade to os 4.5. Could someone also give me a step by step explanation and tell me where I could get the os 4.5 upgrade. Thanks and if anybody could do all that for me e-mail me at [email protected]

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-08 11:09 AM
    OS 4.5 includes an upgrade that will add a video capture to your Curve. There are many guides on here with step by step instructions on how to upgrade your OS. Here is the best guide IMO thanks to bmcclure! http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/
    09-01-08 11:27 AM
    If you are new, I would not recommend upgrading the OS on your device just yet. Wait a while to get familiar with your device and for the official T-Mobile release of 4.5.
    09-01-08 11:39 AM
    thanks and do u have an idea wen tmobile will release 4.5 and where id be able to get it
    09-01-08 12:06 PM
    Yes get familiar with your device first and do some research. Here is another tutorial to check out. BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com
    09-01-08 12:08 PM
    OS 4.5 includes an upgrade that will add a video capture to your Curve. There are many guides on here with step by step instructions on how to upgrade your OS. Here is the best guide IMO thanks to bmcclure! http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/
    Thank you very much for the props...

IMO, if you are not sure what the OS 4.5 upgrade even is... then do not proceed with the installation. Take some time to familiarize yourself with your device and Desktop Manager. Read up on OS 4.5 and learn about it and learn about the install procedure. Specifically, learn what to do if your install messes up and you have to recover your "bricked" Berry!

Once you have a good understanding of all that information... the proceed with the installation. This way, you are comfortable with the whole process and what to do if you brick your Berry!!

Good Luck! And Welcome to CB!
    09-01-08 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD