Might somebody out there be able to tell me how I go about removing the red start-up screen with the white Vodaphone logo from my Blackberry Pearl 8100 Smartphone and replace it with anything else??

Like .. maybe a graphic of my choice??

.. I would REALLY appreciate it!

Thanks heaps!
    08-22-08 01:22 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

You can choose any of the sample pictures or any image you choose.

Start in Media Center, select the image and press the Menu key. Set as home page will do the job.

If you size it correctly, you will have a prefect fit.
    08-22-08 01:45 PM
    Um. I don't think that can be done.. You cannot change the screen which shows your carrier logo when you start up your phone.
    08-22-08 01:55 PM
    If it is the true start up screen, then jenaywins is right, that cannot be altered or changed. The startup screen is not written into the OS, it's hard coded to the BB and only RIM can change that. If you want some nice wallpapers as an aside, check out the collection here at CB:

#Free Wallpapers | CrackBerry.com
    08-22-08 02:04 PM
    It only shows for about 1 second on my blackberry so I don't mind it saying o2, I love my network anyway, they're great!
    08-22-08 02:10 PM
    You can tell it's not the OS, but hard coded. If you use an unlocked at&t sim card on an 8320, the startup screen still shows t-mobile and even the medianet icon will still show the t-zones icon.

08-22-08 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD