I have searched the forum and could not find any information about this issue with a dim screen on a blackberry pearl.
    I have a BB 8100 pearl and a SENA case. My problem is on a bright day I can�t see the screen, I press the trackball and nothing happens to brighten the screen. If I take the phone from its case then the screen lights up very bright (enough to read in daylight) I have gone into the settings and set brightness to 100%. As soon as I put the phone back into its case the screen dims, if I press the trackball button the screen brightens but not to the brightest setting. The only way to get the brightest setting is to remove the phone from its case.
    Does anyone have ideas on how to fix this problem/issue? (t-mobile rep was of no help)
    Revrag
    08-19-07 03:10 PM
    The sensor it probably being covered while in the case, and thus the auto 'brightness' does not activate itself. Turn off the auto option - options / screen 7 keybaord.

But, it might kill the battery quicker...
    08-19-07 06:24 PM
    Make hole in case for sensor...
    08-20-07 08:29 AM
    The case was designed with an opening for the sensor, nothing is in the way of the sensor. Thanks for the suggestion.
    08-21-07 07:14 PM
    The sensor is not covered by the case, I dont see any thing that is covering the sensor. Thanks for the suggestion !
    08-21-07 07:18 PM
    Do you have latest software on Pearl (101)? If not try to upgrade...
    08-22-07 05:58 PM
    Yes, I have the latest software upgrades.
    08-24-07 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD