Is this possible with the Blackberries, to have a different ring for specified callers?

Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-07 04:32 PM
    I know there is with the newer devices, but I can't remember if that can be done with an 8700. Hopefully an 8700 user will be by soon and chime in.
    07-10-07 04:57 PM
    OK.. this is for my 8800, so I don't know if it will work for anything else......

1. Open your address book, and scroll to the contact that you want to have the custom ring tone.
    2. Menu click on it and scroll to "Add Custom Phone Tune" (it's towards the bottom"
    3. Choose the tone you want (preloaded or device memory were my options)
    4. Save

Voila!
    07-10-07 05:33 PM
    Click your phonebook icon, select contact you wished to have special alerts/ringers on, click trackwheel to select "Add Custom Phone Tune" and select ringer or tunes you want to attach....
    07-11-07 12:35 AM
    Yes each contact may have their own tone on the 8300 don't know about the other bb devices

07-11-07 12:34 PM
    Is this possible with the Blackberries, to have a different ring for specified callers?

Thanks in advance.

Most definatly yes...bb has quite a few ringers pre loaded but I use the music on my media card on my 8800 for ringers for each contact.
    07-11-07 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD