I open the Desktop Manager and connect my device and it just stays at the "Checking for device application updates. Please wait..." (I've left it here for at least 10 minutes one time and it shouldn't take that long, I assume) and when I click cancel the program freezes.

I've tried restarting my computer and re-installing the app.

What am I supposed to do to upload apps and backup/restore my phone, etc, if I can't get the program to load correctly?
    11-13-08 01:55 AM
    You should also try a battery pull on your phone.
    11-13-08 02:34 AM
    bump... please help.
    11-13-08 11:57 AM
    Did you try my suggestion? Feels as if you completely ignored me. If that's the case, why should anyone help you.
    11-13-08 02:35 PM
    I did and it didn't help.

Thank you.
    11-13-08 06:13 PM
    When you reinstalled DM, did you uninstall, reboot, then reinstall, or just reinstalled over the top? Are you connected through a USB hub?
    11-13-08 06:19 PM
    I'm having the exact same problem. I deleted then reinstalled the latest DM with no change. Prior to this I had no problems with Dm at all...I've had my bold for 2 weeks now with no issues. This problem actually started after I loaded Viigo to my device the night before. Haven't removed it yet to see if it will make a difference. Will do when I get home from work.
    11-14-08 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD