I had a recent desktop manager- don't remember the version. It started having problems syncing with my BB 8703e which I have had for almost three years. Always was fine until yesterday. No changes to my BB desktop manager or to my computer in several months. I thought upgrading it and therefore reinstalling it might help. I upgraded to 4.6. It is having the same problem. I would really like for it to sync- especially for my calendar. Any suggestions from the experts?
    10-03-08 03:58 PM
    Would be helpful to know more about what the problem is that you are having...
    10-03-08 04:09 PM
    Would be helpful to know more about what the problem is that you are having...
    The title says it... Desktop keeps closing.
    10-03-08 04:36 PM
    I had a recent desktop manager- don't remember the version. It started having problems syncing with my BB 8703e which I have had for almost three years. Always was fine until yesterday. No changes to my BB desktop manager or to my computer in several months. I thought upgrading it and therefore reinstalling it might help. I upgraded to 4.6. It is having the same problem. I would really like for it to sync- especially for my calendar. Any suggestions from the experts?
    What I would do is delete DM, then go into your C:/ drive and delete all DM related files. Keep in mind this may delete all your back-ups.

Two places you can find RIM files....

Program Files --> Research In Motion
    10-03-08 04:40 PM
    Three words doesn't tell me a whole lot about the problem.
    10-03-08 04:43 PM
    Sorry I didn't give enough detail. During the syncing process Windows gives me a message that "Desktop Manager has encountered a problem and has to close".

It goes through almost as long during the syncing process as it used to take to complete the sync.
    10-03-08 09:44 PM
    10-03-08 09:53 PM
    Thanks! It looks promising. I will try it when I am in the office Monday.
    10-04-08 10:49 AM
    Sunkast-
    Thanks for the direction to that site. It worked great.
    10-06-08 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD