is there any way you can set custom notifications for certain contacts?

for example, for this one person on my gtalk list (a partychat)--i don't want my phone to vibrate for messages from that contact. i just want an LED alert for messages from this contact, and the normal vibrate + led flash for messages from every message or IM.

is this possible in any way? i have beejive also, and i haven't found a way to do it on there either. thx.
    11-15-08 11:54 AM
    The only sound that is customizable by contact is the phone ring. All other notifications are the same for all contacts.
    11-15-08 11:56 AM
    Courtesy of Forums Moderator naviwilliams:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...contact-48275/
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-15-08 at 11:59 AM.
    11-15-08 11:57 AM
    The power of CB, within 5 minutes of your question... two answers/solutions already given

Welcome to CB!

Take advantage of the very helpful BB 101. BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com . Also the powerfull search engine to dig through this bottomless pit of Crackberry knowledge for stuff already answered. Post on those existing threads or post a new one if need be. Many folks here happy to help. Some searching tips... Go To: Search Forums / Advanced Search / Key word search / search by title / "pick a key word" that comes to mind and you might stumble upon some answers and/or clues. Or search by Post content...

No worries Intervention is not in our vocabulary here, enjoy your addiction to the fullest.
    11-15-08 12:26 PM
    i'm finding this does not work for what i am trying to do. it doesn't differentiate by contacts... it will only vibrate for all gtalk IM's or LED flash for all gtalk IM's.
    11-15-08 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD