Just received a Curve (ATT) from work to replace Treo 650. So far the Curve works well but I can't get voice dialing to work. I checked the setting in options and choice list set to always on, sensitivity to normal, audio prompts, digit and name playback all enabled, name playback speed and volume both set to normal.

When I first tried to use Voice dialing the display said "Initializing; please wait" then it said "scanning address book" and proceeded to show percentage of completion. When it completed the scan it beeped twice. Now when I select the Voice dialing icon or use the left side button, the display indicates "Initialzining; please wait" for about 3 seconds, beeps twice then the display goes back to the home page.

What am I doing wrong?
    07-19-07 03:56 AM
    Try shutting down, pulling the battery, and rebooting. Are you using a headset?
    07-19-07 08:31 AM
    Pulled battery twice, still no joy. I am not using a headset, but I did try it with a HS850. Same result, neither work.

Thanks
    07-19-07 05:57 PM
    Does anyone else have any ideas? I have looked at all over the Blackberry site for info, but there is only the troubleshooting information that comes with the User Guide.

Do I need to enter "Titles" for all my address book entries for this feature to work?

Thanks in advance
    07-20-07 11:55 AM
    Hmm. Since the Voice Dialing app is technically a third-party component, but it is NOT listed under Applications, I recommend reinstalling the OS. Since you just got the device, you probably don't have much time invested in tweaking it yet, but you can connect up to Desktop Manager and back up your device, then repush the OS. Remember that you have to install both DM AND the device-specific application package before you can do this.
    07-20-07 12:06 PM
    I just bought my BB Curve and downloaded my address book from Outlook. When I use the voice dialing feature it worked just fine.

Just received a Curve (ATT) from work to replace Treo 650. So far the Curve works well but I can't get voice dialing to work. I checked the setting in options and choice list set to always on, sensitivity to normal, audio prompts, digit and name playback all enabled, name playback speed and volume both set to normal.

When I first tried to use Voice dialing the display said "Initializing; please wait" then it said "scanning address book" and proceeded to show percentage of completion. When it completed the scan it beeped twice. Now when I select the Voice dialing icon or use the left side button, the display indicates "Initialzining; please wait" for about 3 seconds, beeps twice then the display goes back to the home page.

What am I doing wrong?
    12-27-07 02:09 PM
    I just bought my BB Curve and downloaded my address book from Outlook. When I tried the voice dial feature it worked justr like it was supposed to. I update my sync between my computer and the BB regularly. Hope this helps.
    12-27-07 02:12 PM
    I have the same problem...sorta. As soon as I DLed a game from my provider, the voice dialing stopped working. Actually it works on the handset, but does not work with my headset. What do you think the issue could be? This is the third time the device has been buggy after DLing an application or theme. I am starting to think the OS isn't worth the hassle of adding anything.
    11-05-08 11:29 AM
    Welcome to CB - wish I could help, but haven't had this problem. At any rate - you're surrounded by CB brilliance! :-)
    11-05-08 09:27 PM
    I figured it out. (In my case at least) If I leave the game running in the background, the Voice Dialing cant initialize. But as soon as I end the game it works.
    11-07-08 08:26 AM
    Welcome to CB
    11-07-08 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD