1- how do I find a holster that makes the phone think its in a holster? The cheapy holster that came with the phone will make it "sleep" which is great, but it doesn't have any way to clip it on. I bought a side/belt holster but it keeps pressing buttons and randomly deleting call logs, assigning speed dials, and wasting battery. What is it about the holster that tells the phone that its in a holster? I want a belt/side holster that makes the phone "sleep" so I don't hit buttons while I'm driving, walking, breathing, or picking my nose. Any suggestions?

2- I'm also looking for some good suggestions on some recommended must-have apps for the newb. In specific, I know I want an app for themes. None of the onboard themes are any good. I want to be able to pick which icons are on the short menu. I am tired of having to hit "menu" and scrolling down to access my most-used apps while that stupid setup wizard is staring me in the face. When someone buys a new PC, we might recommend Mozilla and Open Office as some good improvements to start. What do you recommend for me?

3- My current software is v4.5.0.77 which supports 8gb cards. Can I update to one that allows 16gb or more? How do I do that? I'd kinda like to make this my mobile music storage since my ipod died, but would really like at least 16gb to make that a viable option, 32 would be even better.
    06-13-09 02:14 PM
    1: Its a magnet inside the holster that makes the device sleep. Look here https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=bS-EnhaE
    2: To make themes you need this http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...builder-51847/
    I also recommend taking a look at other CB members theme work here. http://forums.crackberry.com/f126/
    3:BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0.81 and later Up to 16 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.6.0 and later Up to 32 GB
    Here you can upgrade you OS http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...nguage-236552/
    There are some threads on hybrid OS versions that were made for your device. I do suggest you get familiar with the process of upgrading before you do it though. You can brick your device if done wrong. Take a look at the link in my signature for "proper upgrade/downgrade procedure" for more detailed instructions. Hope this helps you. Welcome to CB.
    06-13-09 02:44 PM
    Thanks for the help. I had seen those links and they're pretty scary, but I'll try.

Does the magnet have to be in a certain spot or a certain configuration? The side case I bought has a magnet that holds the flap closed, but it doesn't shut the phone down. How can I be sure that an a different aftermarket case would be successful at making it "sleep"?
    06-13-09 03:07 PM
    The keyboard is the spot on the blackberry that the magnet makes it switch to sleep. If you are able to actually hold the holster you want to buy just put the keyboard of your blackberry over the outside of the holster so you can see the lights go out. You may want to go to a kiosh in the mall or the verizon store.
    06-13-09 03:14 PM
    If you search online just be to look for one that IS made for the 8330 and says it has a sleeper magnet most of them say if it does or not
    06-13-09 03:26 PM
    Ok, thanks all.
    06-14-09 10:51 AM
    To customize your short menu, use the move function on the large menu to move the most used icons into the top 5 or 6 icon spots. Those will then be the icons on your short menu.
    06-14-09 11:01 AM
    I also use the official Blackberry holster with the flap and belt clip. It contains a magnet and puts my Curve to sleep when its inserted into the holster. On a side note, I use the holster supplied with Curve a lot more often then the holster with the flap and belt clip.
    06-14-09 11:06 AM
    I tried a few different holsters, and like the one it comes with my 8320 best! First go my keys in the front pocket, then the curve in the standard holster. Perfect!
    06-29-09 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD