My phone is the 8310 BB Curve. I had no problems with it (have had it for 3 months) until yesterday. The hourglass timer thing is on the screen constantly, it has stopped downloading my email, and it just runs that stupid little hourglass until the battery goes dead!!!! I'm considering getting an iPhone, because I can't deal with glitches and a phone that won't work. Is this a software issue with this phone, or are the BBs just flawed?
    09-18-08 05:16 PM
    no there not normally like this... did you do a battery pull and if that doesnt work id say to consider redoing the os
    09-18-08 05:17 PM
    I tried a battery pull, and it worked for about an hour, then started doing the same thing again. I guess I'll take it back to the AT&T store and have them re-do the OS, I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it and losing all my information. Thanks for the post!
    09-18-08 05:21 PM
    Go to Options > Status. What numbers do you have for File Free? Are you using the Facebook app at all?
    09-18-08 05:22 PM
    You may have a defective berry also. If that is the case they will most likely give you a new one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-08 05:23 PM
    go to options status and post what your file free is
    09-18-08 05:23 PM
    and if you really dont wanna deal with glitches the iPhone IS NOT the way to go. just send your berry back and get another
    09-18-08 05:43 PM
    If you have the face book app delete it

09-18-08 05:52 PM
    ... Is this a software issue with this phone, or are the BBs just flawed?
    I suspect sunkast and Blueberry are on the right track.

The symptoms you describe is likely a result of low memory. It happen to most of us. The reason is, BlackBerrys are packed with samples to insure a delightful out of the box experience.

Cleaning them out will free up plenty of memory for "flawless" operation, just as you should expect.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    09-18-08 06:13 PM
    Did u check to see how much memory u have...

09-18-08 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD