07-27-14 10:59 AM
- Never, in my personal and professional life did I ever think I'd be sharing my heart as well as professional life with CrackBerry as I am now, but, when you know that family is everything, that is just what I believe CrackBerry is to me. This is very serious, probably a post that will be deleted, but must share anyway.
I am writing this from my Q10, out near Boulder City, NV, it is very hot, 2:25 am, even at night...
My Q10 is my life, and for the most part all I have (now).
When I first discovered CrackBerry, it meant everything to me. Although as a professional I sit back, login almost everyday, and read with intensity how our global Crackberry World is doing, There is NO other site like this. None. Most newbies have no clue, but in for a tremendous and uplifting experience as time passes in the advent of the New Internet of Things and the exciting changes coming our way, to our global family.
CrackBerry is stellar & poignant, and will change your life about your very own beloved BlackBerry device, the new standard by which other community and smartphone device sites are measured by. From the blessings of Bla1ze, Kevin, Adam, Chris, DJ, and James; the list of the past, present, and future; even new contributors (which I hope to be one) are worthy of the highest praise and honor.
You must know, no matter how hard things are as I am about to share, CrackBerry is here. Write your heart because this too is very important.
Not to where one such as myself can even feel or have the nerve to write what I am going to say because everyone will be incredulous or disbelief anyway, but they say life is 10% of what happens to us and 90% of how we react to it.
It is to this that no matter how much your BlackBerry can help you as you hold it dear, some, like myself who sleep with my children, Q & Zed, everyone can fall on the most difficult of times as ever. As a BlackBerry fanatic, who eats, lives, and breaths BlackBerry, you learn that experience in life is the hardest teacher, as it gives us the test first, then the lesson.
Recently late last year I was diagnosed with cancer, adenocarcinoma, and now knowing that it is in my family, my father had colon and prostrate cancer too, but survived nearly 5 years. Within the last six months I've watched my business sink almost to nothing, losing Web clients as a developer, employees, 5 of some of my closest friends passing away, and seeing just how depression, as a result of collectively all these variables and more can debilitate your heart, which even the best of BlackBerry devices can only comfort so far.
Still, the comfort, the feel, seeing the beauty of the white & blue, the movement, the ebb & flow; the peek; literally thousands of reasons that I can easily define why a BlackBerry is better and will return like a rushing river that's been held back (see some of my recent evangelical justification posts somewhere in these forums (makaiman)).
But with all of the aforementioned, my own medical expenses have caused me to lose everything but my car and my Q & Zed. One could gather and say this or that or how easy it is to pull out of something like this, but to name of few of what is happening as I write, including, but not limited to:
1) AT&T shut off my phone, my BlackBerry the very same day my father past away last week, Kaiman, Herbert H. - Obituaries - Mobile
2) At my age, no one should be in this position, but it happened. I've sought and exhausted ever resource known to man, but people do not care, and think cancer is contagious; (I've no brothers or sisters)
3) I'm two months behind on my rent/mortgage so the constable placed a lock on the doors which has my entire life in my home including all my other legacy BlackBerrys, that to which I treasure more at times than the clothes on my back.
4) Since my father just passed away, the worst of it all is being alone, and not being able to attend your own father's funeral. We are Jewish, so the burial came fast as ever, and I could not share with anyone in my family about my own medical expenses which I've now stopped my own radiation and chemo because I can't even get back into where I live.
5) I need to go to Nebraska, where I am from for the reading of the will and have to be present, but cannot even put gas in my car let alone dress appropriate as I am locked out of my own home, and my phone, AT&T just pulling me and shutting me off the very day he passed a few days ago.
My request is of the CrackBerry family of your prayers. I've NEVER ever had to ask for a prayer/any help request like this as literally, and in addition, I am nervous of losing my small home (I am by myself) in addition to getting back to Nebraska. How am I living now? I'm not. I've had to pawn almost the few special items I have to survive. Going to lose those I guess, one of which is my first Playbook.
I've so much to offer CrackBerry back for your prayers in the form of development and/or writing, consulting or anything. I need help in any capacity, but not only embarrassed, but love CrackBerry so much, that family is everything.
Never forget, there are three types of people in your life: Those who helped you in difficult times, those who left you in your difficult times; and those who put you in difficult times. Also, there will be times in your life where these people are characterized by who they are: the ones who build you up, and the ones who will tear you down. In the end, if you are wise, you will thank both of them.
Last edited by makaiman; 07-21-14 at 06:16 AM.07-21-14 04:41 AM
- First and foremost you are in my thoughts. I know personally how hard fighting cancer can be. In February I had to have my thyroid removed because of cancer. It was supposed to remove all the cancer and at first it looked as if it worked. To our dismay it had returned. My dad (he was 81) died less than 24 hours after my surgery, I am positive that he hung on for more than a year in horrible health to see me make it through the surgery. I know first hand how people wish you all the best (from afar) as you watch you kingdom slowly disappear. I was fired from my job because I could no longer bleed ( most know if your not performing at 100% your useless to your employer) for them. The only light I could see in this dark world was no one could come take my home because I worked so hard to get it paid off before I got too sick to work. I have also stopped chemo and radiation because I could no longer afford to keep gas in my car for the 5, 60 mile trips.
I'd there is any consolation in this post your not alone in your fight. It can be won or at least made bearable.
Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk07-21-14 11:56 AM
- To anyone, I am updating here, that I am halfway to Nebraska, and so worried. If there is anyone, anyone as it is falling into somewhat urgent, who could help me get my BlackBerry back on as I'm falling apart here, I am NOT asking for money, or anything like that. If there is anyone I pray who can go into any AT&T store and help me get my phone back on, I will surely, as I am credible, help with and for free any mobile app, website, application(s) or anything including money I will reimburse, my gratitude reaches the Heavens at this point.
I am not sure what the previous balance is as I am on a wi-fi wherever I can grab. Not feeling too well but made it this far but truly need my phone. In the Name of the Lord if there is anyone, anyone out there in the CrackBerry World who may be able to compassionately help, you can call me to verify I am who I am if I can get my BlackBerry back on. Thank you to my family, CrackBerry...
Last edited by zocster; 07-26-14 at 03:47 PM.07-23-14 05:55 PM
- UPDATE: 7/26/14:
THE LORD allowed me to get safe to my destination and my phone on, thank the Lord! Many thanks to the CrackBerry Community for their prayres, love, and support. Not out of the woods totally, but can breath (for the moment) as it's been arduous to say the least. THIS is the community, the bomb, our Crack/BlackBerry Global Community that is there for each other in the best and worst of times. Amazing... Thank all of you again...07-26-14 03:28 PM
- I totally understand, especially as a professional and had checked with the higher ups as I had no one to turn to but my CrackBerry family, which invariably proved positive, at least for the moment. G-d bless you and thank you so very much. Long road ahead and praying soon, that I can contribute to the CrackBerry Community as a web developer. Still trying to decide what I could use this new site I am building for now, BlackBerry Nation | www.blackberrynation.com | Radical BlackBerry Philanthropy.
Anyway, thank you again more than you know and to everyone during this diffiucl07-27-14 10:59 AM
- By harkal in forum BlackBerry 10 GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 07-31-14, 03:57 AM
The numbers are in, 73 percent of CrackBerry readers users still want to see another all touch BlackBy CrackBerry News in forum CrackBerry.com News DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 07-23-14, 10:02 PM
- By LeeU1911 in forum BlackBerry Z3Replies: 6Last Post: 07-21-14, 01:39 AM
- By BeeRanDyn in forum Rehab & Off-Topic LoungeReplies: 5Last Post: 07-20-14, 11:35 PM
- By BeeRanDyn in forum Rehab & Off-Topic LoungeReplies: 1Last Post: 07-20-14, 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD