Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By makaiman
  • 1 Post By usman_hidayat19
  • 1 Post By qbnkelt
  • 1 Post By m3mb3rsh1p
  • 1 Post By Rahul1234
  • 1 Post By middbrew
  • 1 Post By crazy elf
  • 1 Post By hamsterwheel
  • 1 Post By agarwal.apar
  • 1 Post By Heinz Katchup
  • 1 Post By Blacklatino
  • 1 Post By StorCan
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2B92023E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default CrackBerry: Your Family, Important, a plea

Never, in my personal and professional life did I ever think I'd be sharing my heart as well as professional life with CrackBerry as I am now, but, when you know that family is everything, that is just what I believe CrackBerry is to me. This is very serious, probably a post that will be deleted, but must share anyway.

I am writing this from my Q10, out near Boulder City, NV, it is very hot, 2:25 am, even at night...

My Q10 is my life, and for the most part all I have (now).

When I first discovered CrackBerry, it meant everything to me. Although as a professional I sit back, login almost everyday, and read with intensity how our global Crackberry World is doing, There is NO other site like this. None. Most newbies have no clue, but in for a tremendous and uplifting experience as time passes in the advent of the New Internet of Things and the exciting changes coming our way, to our global family.

CrackBerry is stellar & poignant, and will change your life about your very own beloved BlackBerry device, the new standard by which other community and smartphone device sites are measured by. From the blessings of Bla1ze, Kevin, Adam, Chris, DJ, and James; the list of the past, present, and future; even new contributors (which I hope to be one) are worthy of the highest praise and honor.

You must know, no matter how hard things are as I am about to share, CrackBerry is here. Write your heart because this too is very important.
    Not to where one such as myself can even feel or have the nerve to write what I am going to say because everyone will be incredulous or disbelief anyway, but they say life is 10% of what happens to us and 90% of how we react to it.

It is to this that no matter how much your BlackBerry can help you as you hold it dear, some, like myself who sleep with my children, Q & Zed, everyone can fall on the most difficult of times as ever. As a BlackBerry fanatic, who eats, lives, and breaths BlackBerry, you learn that experience in life is the hardest teacher, as it gives us the test first, then the lesson.

Recently late last year I was diagnosed with cancer, adenocarcinoma, and now knowing that it is in my family, my father had colon and prostrate cancer too, but survived nearly 5 years. Within the last six months I've watched my business sink almost to nothing, losing Web clients as a developer, employees, 5 of some of my closest friends passing away, and seeing just how depression, as a result of collectively all these variables and more can debilitate your heart, which even the best of BlackBerry devices can only comfort so far.

Still, the comfort, the feel, seeing the beauty of the white & blue, the movement, the ebb & flow; the peek; literally thousands of reasons that I can easily define why a BlackBerry is better and will return like a rushing river that's been held back (see some of my recent evangelical justification posts somewhere in these forums (makaiman)).

But with all of the aforementioned, my own medical expenses have caused me to lose everything but my car and my Q & Zed. One could gather and say this or that or how easy it is to pull out of something like this, but to name of few of what is happening as I write, including, but not limited to:

1) AT&T shut off my phone, my BlackBerry the very same day my father past away last week, Kaiman, Herbert H. - Obituaries - Mobile

2) At my age, no one should be in this position, but it happened. I've sought and exhausted ever resource known to man, but people do not care, and think cancer is contagious; (I've no brothers or sisters)

3) I'm two months behind on my rent/mortgage so the constable placed a lock on the doors which has my entire life in my home including all my other legacy BlackBerrys, that to which I treasure more at times than the clothes on my back.

4) Since my father just passed away, the worst of it all is being alone, and not being able to attend your own father's funeral. We are Jewish, so the burial came fast as ever, and I could not share with anyone in my family about my own medical expenses which I've now stopped my own radiation and chemo because I can't even get back into where I live.

5) I need to go to Nebraska, where I am from for the reading of the will and have to be present, but cannot even put gas in my car let alone dress appropriate as I am locked out of my own home, and my phone, AT&T just pulling me and shutting me off the very day he passed a few days ago.

My request is of the CrackBerry family of your prayers. I've NEVER ever had to ask for a prayer/any help request like this as literally, and in addition, I am nervous of losing my small home (I am by myself) in addition to getting back to Nebraska. How am I living now? I'm not. I've had to pawn almost the few special items I have to survive. Going to lose those I guess, one of which is my first Playbook.

I've so much to offer CrackBerry back for your prayers in the form of development and/or writing, consulting or anything. I need help in any capacity, but not only embarrassed, but love CrackBerry so much, that family is everything.

Never forget, there are three types of people in your life: Those who helped you in difficult times, those who left you in your difficult times; and those who put you in difficult times. Also, there will be times in your life where these people are characterized by who they are: the ones who build you up, and the ones who will tear you down. In the end, if you are wise, you will thank both of them.
    Last edited by makaiman; 07-21-2014 at 06:16 AM.
    BlackBerry: As the success of the name and its brand is only equal to the quality and enrichment of each life it touches in bringing people closer, and to 'Keep Moving"...
    usman_hidayat19 likes this.

Global Posts
    5,944 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:2AF5A1B8

Wow you got to be strong man! My prayers for you

Hope the best happen for you

Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    makaiman (07-21-2014) 
    makaiman likes this.
    Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

Global Posts
    19,558 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....

You've got my prayers. We are often tested, even when yours is extreme.
    All the best.
    Lil

Sent from my GORGEOUS, AWESOME Gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" - Socrates
    iMore Ambassador
    Thanked by:
    makaiman (07-21-2014) 
    makaiman likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Sincere condolences and best wishes for the trials ahead. I have been in dire straits before and learned that there is more good in the world than we believe. I pray that good tidings force their way into your life. All the best.
    Thanked by:
    makaiman (07-21-2014) 
    makaiman likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    848 Global Posts

My prayer for you too, don't worry. , with the commubity's prayers, you are gonna be better than ever

Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    makaiman (07-21-2014) 
    makaiman likes this.

My thoughts are with you man. Stay strong.
    I'm Rambling in Rehab and Be 5000
    Need help? Just ask.
    Want to know how to do stuff here on the forums? Try the Forum Help Videos & Guides sections.

Thanked by:
    makaiman (07-21-2014) 
    makaiman likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

First and foremost you are in my thoughts. I know personally how hard fighting cancer can be. In February I had to have my thyroid removed because of cancer. It was supposed to remove all the cancer and at first it looked as if it worked. To our dismay it had returned. My dad (he was 81) died less than 24 hours after my surgery, I am positive that he hung on for more than a year in horrible health to see me make it through the surgery. I know first hand how people wish you all the best (from afar) as you watch you kingdom slowly disappear. I was fired from my job because I could no longer bleed ( most know if your not performing at 100% your useless to your employer) for them. The only light I could see in this dark world was no one could come take my home because I worked so hard to get it paid off before I got too sick to work. I have also stopped chemo and radiation because I could no longer afford to keep gas in my car for the 5, 60 mile trips.
    I'd there is any consolation in this post your not alone in your fight. It can be won or at least made bearable.
    Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    makaiman (07-21-2014) 
    makaiman likes this.

Global Posts
    41,280 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM Me!

So sorry you have to deal with all this. Prayers are with you, and you can vent here as much as needed.
    You are right this community is strong, and you are strong.
    Thanked by:
    makaiman (07-21-2014) 
    makaiman likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    PIN
    764FC921

So sorry to hear that. God is watching everything, just stay positive and things would start falling in place soon. God bless you my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    Back to iPhone 5!
    Thanked by:
    makaiman (07-22-2014) 
    makaiman likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,226 Global Posts

You asked for prayers. Well count me in!

Posted via CB10
    BB10 - Fear of a BlackBerry Planet
    Thanked by:
    makaiman (07-21-2014) 
    makaiman likes this.

Global Posts
    10,671 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me. :)

Done! My prayers are with you and I'll add your name to my prayer list. It never stops growing. Be strong as you are guided thru the storm.
    Old ZEN Saying: "Be master of mind rather than mastered by mind." /Reading.....is truly a "lost art" / Yes, Anger Management does work. 5th time is the charm. / BB10 OS Archives
    Thanked by:
    makaiman (07-23-2014) 
    makaiman likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Prayers your way. Do not be afraid to ask for help along the way people are good and kind and will offer what they can.

Zed, I say, it's pronounced Zed, Z30
    Thanked by:
    makaiman (07-23-2014) 
    makaiman likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2B92023E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

To anyone, I am updating here, that I am halfway to Nebraska, and so worried. If there is anyone, anyone as it is falling into somewhat urgent, who could help me get my BlackBerry back on as I'm falling apart here, I am NOT asking for money, or anything like that. If there is anyone I pray who can go into any AT&T store and help me get my phone back on, I will surely, as I am credible, help with and for free any mobile app, website, application(s) or anything including money I will reimburse, my gratitude reaches the Heavens at this point.
    I am not sure what the previous balance is as I am on a wi-fi wherever I can grab. Not feeling too well but made it this far but truly need my phone. In the Name of the Lord if there is anyone, anyone out there in the CrackBerry World who may be able to compassionately help, you can call me to verify I am who I am if I can get my BlackBerry back on. Thank you to my family, CrackBerry...
    Last edited by zocster; 07-26-2014 at 03:47 PM.
    BlackBerry: As the success of the name and its brand is only equal to the quality and enrichment of each life it touches in bringing people closer, and to 'Keep Moving"...
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2B92023E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

UPDATE: 7/26/14:
    THE LORD allowed me to get safe to my destination and my phone on, thank the Lord! Many thanks to the CrackBerry Community for their prayres, love, and support. Not out of the woods totally, but can breath (for the moment) as it's been arduous to say the least. THIS is the community, the bomb, our Crack/BlackBerry Global Community that is there for each other in the best and worst of times. Amazing... Thank all of you again...

Global Posts
    11,272 Global Posts
    PIN
    changes way too often

My prayers are with you, Mr Kaiman, but please don't post personal details on our forums.

It may lead to different things that could bring you harm instead, if those details fallen to wrong hands.

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro

Community Rules & Guidelines | Marketplace Rules & Guidelines
    Passport PIN: 2BDD6F5F | Note 3 PIN: 7F4337AD

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,748 Global Posts

I guess I missed this thread in my everyday reading

My condolences to ypur father and my prayers are with you. Never give up and keep the hope that it'll get better!

Posted via CB10
    October 2006 - December 2008: Samsung 1310 Flip Phone->December 2008 - December 2009: BB Pearl 8100->December 2009 - March 2013: BB Curve 8520->March 2013 - August 2013: BB Curve 9300->(2013: Bricked 7290)->August 2013+: BB Z10!
    Remember the Thanks Button is just below!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2B92023E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

I totally understand, especially as a professional and had checked with the higher ups as I had no one to turn to but my CrackBerry family, which invariably proved positive, at least for the moment. G-d bless you and thank you so very much. Long road ahead and praying soon, that I can contribute to the CrackBerry Community as a web developer. Still trying to decide what I could use this new site I am building for now, BlackBerry Nation | www.blackberrynation.com | Radical BlackBerry Philanthropy.

Anyway, thank you again more than you know and to everyone during this diffiucl