Thanks to everyone who has answered my previous questions.

Two quick questions:

Do I need to 'close' out of browser every time I am done using it? I seem to be switching applications but not actually 'closing'. Am I using unnecessary data time by leaving it open? (Actually, same question for messenger - I guess I am keeping them open like I do my home computer, maybe this is not a good habit?)

Secondly, is there a shortcut to using voice dialing? If I am in the car and want to dial, I don't want to have to grab my phone and maneuver to the voice dialing icon.

Thanks!
    07-28-08 08:41 AM
    Thanks to everyone who has answered my previous questions.

Two quick questions:

Do I need to 'close' out of browser every time I am done using it? I seem to be switching applications but not actually 'closing'. Am I using unnecessary data time by leaving it open? (Actually, same question for messenger - I guess I am keeping them open like I do my home computer, maybe this is not a good habit?)

Secondly, is there a shortcut to using voice dialing? If I am in the car and want to dial, I don't want to have to grab my phone and maneuver to the voice dialing icon.

Thanks!

Welcome to CrackBerry!!

1) It is always good to properly close out your applications Not really for background data usage, but background memory usage!! This can hog your device memory! Just hit Menu > Close when in an application...

2) Voice Dialing should default to your left convenience key (side bumper)

If not, you can always set it up (Options > Screen/Keyboard > Left Side Convenience Key)
    07-28-08 08:44 AM
    Thank you...I was using my left convenience key for application switch. I guess I need to determine my priorities.

07-28-08 09:04 AM
    Thank you...I was using my left convenience key for application switch. I guess I need to determine my priorities.

haha... yeah, it is personal preference!

Application Switch can easilty be done by hittin Alt-Back (and it brings up the app switcher)
    07-28-08 09:05 AM
    Welcome to crackberry.com
    07-29-08 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD