Hi I'm using my blackberry for my modem cuz i travel a lot and my current laptop doesn't have wifi yet its an older IBM everything work good on it. I'm having to use the usb port which is fine but last night I unplugged it to put it away, and a little black plastic piece came out with it. I ck-ed the plug and the plug was still good but it was to my usb port on my laptop. Does anybody know if this can be fixed? Can I get a new usb-port plug for the laptop at best buy or do I need a whole new computer?

I just got this set up so I can get on line while being on the road before I had to plug in to an ethernet port and that's really had to find anymore. I got this new phone so i can get online anywhere. so frustrated

Please can someone give me some info about this
    Thank you,
    john
    07-13-08 04:27 PM
    Just pick up a cheap USB hub. A 4 port hub is less than $20, and will keep your old rig going

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-08 05:49 PM
    I'm not sure exactly what happened but it kind of sounds like part of the USB housing came out with the USB cord. Have you checked to see if that little black piece that came out fits somehow inside the port like snaps in or something? If not does the USB connection still work despite that little piece missing?

07-13-08 11:48 PM
    Welcome to crackberry.com!
    07-14-08 03:10 AM
    yes the connection still works just loose I gotta like hangup the cable to keep a connection going. That piece came from inside the port on the laptop so think I just need to get a new usb port put in at best buy
    07-15-08 02:43 PM
    If the port is replaceable it sounds like that will work so that you don't have to fiddle with the cable to keep the connection going. I've never had this happen to me so I would think that getting a replacement port at best buy would be fine. The only laptop I ever had was like over 8 years ago. I always assumed the ports were part of the motherboard inside the casing. Let me know what you find out and how it goes.
    07-15-08 04:14 PM
    Welcome to CB. Let us know how it goes.

07-15-08 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD