So I made the move from a regular flip phone to my new BB Curve 8330. I love it. so far... i can't really figure much out... i don't really know where to start?! i feel kinda stupid but i couldn't even figure out how to paste something that i copied! i've only been using it for 5 minutes and i figured i'd just post this so you guys and gals can point me in the right direction! thanks
    10-06-08 05:39 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

As a computer professional, you have a head start on most new users.

If you received a Users Guide, that will help you through the startup. If you didn't get a printed copy, you can download a PDF copy from BlackBerry Support.

In Browser, Menu / Select Mode. Highlight the text to be copied and press Menu / Copy. Paste is the reverse, position the cursor and press Menu / Paste.

The Menu is your friend, nearly everthing is done using a Menu choice.
    10-06-08 05:45 PM
    Congrats on the new Curve and welcome to CB! You won't regret the change. You definitely want to check out the lectures under the Newbie tab at the top of the page. Very Helpful!

Then of course search threads for questions you have. You will learn everything about your phone here. I know I did! The people here are very helpful!
    10-06-08 05:46 PM
    thanks for the quick responses. I hope i can become an addict. i feel like i'm mentally challenged trying to use this right now.. so embarrassed

and how come i got an error when i tried to download google maps? i already have opera*
    10-06-08 05:49 PM
    As mentioned read all the newbie guides and lectures posted on this site they are very helpful for a newbie. After that if there are specific questions, just ask.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-08 05:50 PM
    The only advice I have for you, considering I'm new to the crackberry world too, is to take advantage of the free apps and games throughout the crackberry world. it makes the blackberry so much more worth having.
    10-06-08 05:51 PM
    Welcome to CB!

Trust me, I cried when I received my very first Blackberry - I thought I had made the biggest mistake of my life, and I couldn't even figure out how to use SureType.

Once you get used to the interface and the basic functions and capabilities of your new phone, you will never go back to any other device.

I would personally read the lecture series right here on CB, toooooonnnnnnns of useful information. Good luck!
    10-06-08 05:51 PM
    If I can do the Blackberry anyone can.
    10-06-08 05:54 PM
    Welcome to CB!

I would personally read the lecture series right here on CB, toooooonnnnnnns of useful information. Good luck!
    link?
    10-06-08 05:55 PM
    10-06-08 05:56 PM
    Welcome to cb !

10-06-08 05:59 PM
    Welcome to the crack the 8330 is a great phone.
    10-06-08 06:00 PM
    Ask, and ye shall receive.

[BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.co
    thanks. i'll read till i can't read no mo' !

i just downloaded this PDF which is i guess the manual.. very helpful as i read and have the BB in hand. i'm still on learning the calendar. hah i can't believe i'm such a tool with this thing.

do i have GPS? downloading google maps didn't work...
    10-06-08 06:19 PM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    10-06-08 07:52 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry.

10-07-08 03:41 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry u will love it
    10-07-08 04:58 AM
    I fall into the same category as the original poster/subject.

Pretty confusing at first.
    10-07-08 11:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD