Hey there. I just came from almost two years with a Treo 700p and while it took me a week or so to get used to the BlackBerry way of doing things, I must admit that after hating BlackBerries I love my 8320 Curve. It's the perfect one for me, it has wifi and I can tag on that lovely keychain GPS unit over bluetooth. At first the keyboard felt 'odd' as it's much more loud and clacky than the one on my Treo, but once I got used to where the symbols were as opposed to my old phone, typing is just as easy to me, and with normal letters I felt right at home.

I have looked high, low, and all over to find the answer to no avail. And I'm so good at searching for stuff online my friends ask me to see if I can find something if they can't. Generally I determine something must be a national secret if I can't get it hehe. I have check RIM's websites, I have searched numerous forums, and even found out how to do this on other BlackBerries...

How the heck to I indent a paragraph without manually adding in a number of spaces? On my treo it was alt then space bar. Simple and intuitive, and the spacebar was even labelled with the symbol for using the tab key. I seriously can't find something so simple, and i'm even about to resign myself that it's just not possible and i'm the only one left in the world who even cares about indenting paragraphs in their emails and other documents, hehe.
    05-12-08 04:30 PM
    Welcome to the addiction...

Manually indenting is a way of the BB lifestyle. Been living it since '06, lol.
    05-12-08 11:25 PM
    Indent? On a BlackBerry? lol never.

Of course, if you really must, make an AutoText enter, by entering something like 'qq', automatically replaced by the 5 spaces or whatever amount you want. Options > AutoText.
    05-12-08 11:28 PM
    Welcome!
    05-13-08 06:28 AM
    I already have an autotext setup lol, but thanks you two. At least my question is answered. The worst part is I've seen it was possible on older devices from what I can tell :-/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-08 03:37 PM
    Lol I never wanted this until km2783 mentioned it. When I write emails they are just one long thing. But its to friends, not business so I didn't stress it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-08 03:56 PM
    The way to do this is by creating an AutoText entry (in Options/AutoText). for instance, you could do the two keystrokes "qq" and have AutoText automatically insert 5 or 7 spaces to indent the first line of a paragraph or insert a type of Tab.
    05-18-08 10:13 PM
    This is crazy that there isn't a tab key to indent text. I just don't see the logic in not including it - except that if it was like the shift-space on a Palm then it would conflict with shift-space in the browser.

You crackberry guys sure put up with some goofy stuff from RIM. I guess I'll have to as well if I stick with this platform.
    12-24-08 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD