I'm having to charge my BB almost every day...is this normal? This is my first BB, so of course with previous phones I could go a couple of days or so. I just want to make sure I'm not doing anything "wrong". Also, are you supposed to let it die completly like other phones or does it not matter with a BB? Thanks!
    12-15-08 03:50 PM
    I've never let my phone die out before a charge and never had to replace a battery. As for the daily charge, I do have to. It depends on usage and what kind of usage.
    12-15-08 03:54 PM
    I normally charge mine everyday with no ill effects.I prefer not to let it run low. I guess after a day of use my battery normally sits at a little over 50%, it depends what I'm using my BB for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 03:54 PM
    You are probably using the BB more than you used previous phones, causing it to kill the battery quicker. (normal) Charging frequently is better than completely draining then charging. I bought an extended battery for my Curve, might be something you should consider. Big difference.
    12-15-08 03:55 PM
    I had the same issue when I first got a BB, you should keep it charged everyday and there is not a problem in regaurds to topping off of your battery. smartphones are a compleatly different device that a regular cell, because of the PDA attributes,Push email and browser your battery is going to just not last ast long.

The one thing I will say thou with the BB batterys they do work there best once they have been put throu several charging cycles and on a typical day you would only use about 50 percent of the battery, but even then charge it up to 100 and you cant overcharge these batterys can stay plugged in at 100% and still work fine.
    12-15-08 03:59 PM
    Okay, good. I was affraid I was going to do something wrong. I know I use it a lot more than my old phone (Hmmmm, weird LOL) but am having a blast doing it! Thanks again! I'm off to charge my phone!
    12-15-08 04:02 PM
    Welcome aboard!
    12-15-08 05:02 PM
    Okay, good. I was affraid I was going to do something wrong. I know I use it a lot more than my old phone (Hmmmm, weird LOL) but am having a blast doing it! Thanks again! I'm off to charge my phone!

ya thats another thing, get used to charging, I charge nightly but I am sure others charge more frequant
    12-15-08 05:04 PM
    I'm just so suprised at how quickly it charges too...I really like that!
    12-15-08 06:14 PM
    The second night I had my BB Curve my cat stepped on the "On" switch on my power strip (a frustrating and semi-frequent occurrence), and my battery died. I had last fully charged it earlier the previous day. This was definately a wake up call on how much more quickly the battery can deplete on a BB/Smartphone than a normal cellphone!
    12-16-08 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD