Hello everyone Just got the curve had to trade up after having the pearl give me so many problems took 3 different phones to get the curve anyways. When I try to download an app it says

"the IT policy does not allow downloading this application"

this happened when I tried to down load BOFA mobil and then the Opera mini (a suggestion from this site) when someone else couldn't get the BOFA to down load although my problem was not discussed( the IT policy does not allow downloading this application") in that thread any help would be great
    10-04-08 10:03 PM
    bump to the top
    10-04-08 10:14 PM
    are you useing the bb for work or personal ?
    10-05-08 09:59 AM
    Personal. But I probably did something wrong when I set it up it only gave me 2 options one to hook with my business or work and something else.
    10-05-08 11:53 AM
    i would suggest talking to your it dept. first
    10-05-08 12:54 PM
    I am the IT dept it is for personal use
    10-05-08 12:57 PM
    Do you have a BlackBerry data plan? I read somewhere that if you do not have a BlackBerry-specific plan (which in your case should be the BlackBerry BIS), over-the-air installations do not work.
    10-05-08 07:27 PM
    I suspect you got a replacement with an BES IT policy intact.

It is possible to remove it, or you can return it and complain that it is "defective".

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/remo...lackberry-569/
    10-05-08 07:30 PM
    No this was new out of the box although I had it (pearl replaced 3 times the curve was replaced at the store the manager was really cool I seen him take it out of the box , I will try that link.

Thanks
    10-06-08 06:50 PM
    should they be able to do it there at the store?
    10-06-08 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD