Until last week, I had a simple basic (yet functional) cell phone. It was possible to pick a ringtone (out of available repertoire of 8 or 12) to individual numbers in the phone book. Can I do the same with BB?
    10-29-08 03:23 PM
    yes...just open the address book highlite the contact you want to assign a custome ringtone to and click menu there should be an option to add custom ringtone
    10-29-08 04:03 PM
    Jamies directions above will get the job done. Welcome to Crackberry and congrats on getting a BB. You'll love all that can do for you
    10-29-08 04:17 PM
    Yes, and it's a GREAT feature... Just by sound, you can choose not to answer based on the ringtone without bringing the phone out of your pocket. Brilliant! Enjoy!!! Just do it exactly as the instructions already given!
    10-29-08 09:18 PM
    Thanks for your help. I was trying to open the menu from within the page with the contact info, and that menu item was not there. From the highlight, it works, but:

I don't see "Custom Ringtone". I see "Custom Tune" which is not quite the same. It will work, though (with small effort to find and upload a WAV file).
    10-30-08 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD