I have done a search and I am unable to find an answer to my question. Here it is; my calendar appointments show up on the home screen of my Curve, however it is not the current appointment coming up. It is a future appointment and I am not quite sure how to get it to show the next appointment on the calendar and not an appointment beyond that. Hope that makes sense. Otherwise, it is not useful for me in this format. I need to know what is coming up immediately for appointments. I do have a theme loaded, that does not seem to be the issue. I have tried to change my "view" to day, week, etc. Does not make any difference. It is getting frustrating.
    Thanks.
    09-29-08 07:58 PM
    how are you saving the app.?
    09-29-08 08:44 PM
    when you save an appointment ...reminder can be switched and check your time zone
    i hope that helps some what
    09-29-08 08:52 PM
    How do they show up on your home screen? Like as a reminder?
    09-29-08 08:55 PM
    They show up under the Calendar heading, only two and they are both for Friday's. 10/3 and then 10/10. I have several appointments prior to either of these. I do have a theme loaded and the home page has just 4 headings, Messages, Calendar, Call Log, Address Book and Applications. When I get new email...they show up fine under Messages. When I click on Applications it brings me to the larger menu of all apps. Boy, I sound confused...I guess I am. I have my time zone set for Eastern Time, I guess that is right. I live in Florida. Appreciate any help.
    09-30-08 05:37 PM
    This could be pretty similar to an issue that I have.
    Are the entries that you have before 10/3 and 10/10 all day events?
    If so, my understanding is that you will not get all day events showing on your today screen. It will always look for the next 2 'timed' events. So on my screen now, I have a reminder of an appointment on Friday and Saturday, and my all day events which are set for tomorrow and Thursday never get shown.
    Hope this helps. The only work around would be to not select all day, and actually associate a time to the event.
    09-30-08 05:47 PM
    Ok, so the light just dawned...I played around some more with the "reminder" format and when I turned off the reminders for the two appointments that were showing up, they dissapeared and the next appoitments on my calendar that do not have the reminder turned on is now showing. Thanks so much for "nudging" me in the right direction. I will have to make sure that all my appointments don't have the reminder turned on when I put them into the calendar. That is kind of a pain, I do like to have that feature turned on.

Thanks!
    09-30-08 05:49 PM
    Wayne,
    They are actually not an "all day" event. They are set as timed. I think it was the fact that I had reminders turned on, wonder if there is a work around for that...I do like to have that audio reminder of an upcoming meeting. I get too lost in work and have missed a meeting before. Thanks for the reply.
    09-30-08 05:52 PM
    I remember having this "problem" when i got my curve and it drove me nuts! Was wondering why today's appointment was not showing, instead, showing me a public holiday for next month!

Until i fiddled around and realised that setting it as an "all day" event was the root of the "problem".
    10-01-08 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD