I just bought a Verizon blackberry 8330 that was flashed to my Cricket service. I was told that the 8330 could be fully flashed, but I am now hearing that they can only be flashed for text & calls. Does anyone know about full flashing an 8330? Any help would be appreciated. Love the phone but would like to get the full appeal of the phone.
    11-19-08 06:49 PM
    why are you not waiting for the storm?
    don't like the touch screen idea?
    11-19-08 06:52 PM
    Welcome to CB!

Unlocking a cdma BB (like yours) is expensive and doesn't always work. This web site is the only one I know of that will provide that service. You may want to contact them for further advice:

Flash Cell Phone to Metro PCS, Cricket, Alltel, Verizon, Sprint

Enjoy your addiction
    11-19-08 06:56 PM
    Hey - weclcome to CB!
    11-19-08 09:29 PM
    SaMaster14~My daughter's boyfriend had the iPhone, I didn't really like it.
    11-20-08 04:20 PM
    welcome to cb!
    11-20-08 04:21 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 05:56 PM
    SaMaster14~My daughter's boyfriend had the iPhone, I didn't really like it.
    Oh ok. thats understood than. Its not gonna be an iphone, but if your not into the touch screen thing, I wouldn't get it either.

Curves are cool!
    11-20-08 06:39 PM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    11-20-08 06:50 PM
    Hello and welcome to CB.
    11-20-08 09:58 PM
    no offense, but the touch screen is NOT all it's cracked up to be.

give me a Bold on Verizon and i will be happy... one sweet day...
    11-20-08 11:27 PM
    no offense, but the touch screen is NOT all it's cracked up to be.

give me a Bold on Verizon and i will be happy... one sweet day...
    I'm kinda agreeing with you on that one

Anyways JSin247...

Welcome to Crackberry!

Take advantage of the very helpful BB 101. BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com . Also the powerfull search engine to dig through this bottomless pit of Crackberry knowledge for stuff already answered. Post on those existing threads or post a new one if need be. Many folks here happy to help. Some searching tips... Go To: Search Forums / Advanced Search / Key word search / search by title / "pick a key word" that comes to mind and you might stumble upon some answers and/or clues. Or search by Post content...

No worries Intervention is not in our vocabulary here, enjoy your addiction to the fullest.
    11-21-08 02:12 AM
    Welcome to CB
    11-21-08 02:54 AM
    To this day I still can't imagine why anyone would ever go to cricket for there phone service?? And secondly why in the world would you waste and ruin a Blackberry like that?? First off if your phone is "Red flagged", that could mean a few things..1. You "found" it, 2. You did the insurance on the phone (claiming it was lost/stolen) then you decided to go and sell the old one. 3. You couldn't come up with enough money to either pay your bill or pay the early termination fee. No matter the case what you can do if you want to sell it to another party or use cricket is call customer service and have them perform an esn swap onto a cheap "throw away" phone so that It will release the phone off your account. Then you can have it flashed to cricket or you can wait after 60 days for the previous provider to release it off your old account. Its happened numerous times where someone will use there 1yr or 2yr upgrade to purchase a phone, then the customer can't pay there bill. The provider has the right to hold and "red flag" the esn for up to 60 days because the customer never really paid the full amount for the phone nor complied with the contact and agreements. Well back to the beginning, don't waste your money on cricket! There service is fairly cheap but again they have no available data plan and there fees are crazy! If you want a decent no contract company use Boost. You can still use the web, talk and text and you don't have to ruin a Blackberry! My advice go onto craigslist and swap your curve with a 8350i and go get yourself boost. If you need more info on the process or if you have any other questions just PM or PIN me. Good luck!
    07-29-09 06:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD