Hi everyone!

Thank u for taking time to read my message! I am a newbie here at these excellent forums, and delighted to be part of your gang! I do not have a BB device yet, and thus my question is about that!!

I am a postgraduate university student in the UK, and I wanted to ask if you think that a Blackberry device is going to be of any use to a student!! Is it stricktly a professional device or it is an all-around mobile phone??? I mean is it going to be useful and worth its money for me, or shall I go for another typical Nokia??? As I am not working this year but studying, I only have 1-2 emails per day that I have to check and I also have a laptop at home! would u buy a BB if u were in my shoes?? If I buy one, I am thinking about the 8310 (or the 8320 if they sell it here at the UK) which I really like!! Your opinions pls!! Any BB users - students in here???

Thank you for your time and hopefully replies!!
    11-15-07 12:32 PM
    If you are not a big email user you may not want a BB. The BB isn't strictly for business use anymore. If you need to email, Instant Message, manage contacts, calendar, and occasionally browse the web, then the BB is right for you.

Good luck!
    11-15-07 12:41 PM
    I agree with John! A BB is mainly for email but they now pack a punch with the Curves! I bought my first BB 7250 strictly for email and have since upgraded to my Cuurve. Now that I have experienced it I dont think I would get a different phone even if I didnt use email as frequently as i do now. Basically what it comes down to is money. If you can afford a Curve with a data plan and not worry about the cost than I say go for it 100%! If you are not sure if you can handle the pricing the I would say just go with a new model nonsmart phone!
    11-15-07 12:47 PM
    I am a mom of a 2 1/2 year old I work for a doctor and I am also a student and I have the BB8830. I tend to use mine for the calender and emails and messagingand the web. I am not an important business person and I could never be without mine. You can always do the 30 day tryout and see how you like it if not get a regular phone. Whichever is best for you
    11-15-07 12:52 PM
    one thing though, is the BB plans are expensive. My plan alone is $80 (39.99 for voice plan + 39.99 bb media bundle) so for me, its not that much. but i am thinking of switching to a diff. phone. But i love the BB, only wish they were a little cheaper in plans....but i frequently use my email about 10-20 times a day. and i txt A LOT, so thats why my media bundle is a lot
    11-15-07 03:14 PM
    Yes, BB plans are somewhat expensive.
    11-15-07 03:39 PM
    I am a student and I also work.
    I use the Curve as a tethered modem most times.
    11-15-07 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD