thanks to everyone for their anwers to m newbie questions. I already kno so much more the service.

there is one issue I need to figure out. I will receive m Curve in a couple of days and will be activated on Rogers. but it's a T-Mobile phone and comes unlocked. so I wanna know :

1) will I need to change the o/s to use it on Rogers ? if yes, where do i get it ?
    2)I'm reading about a pin release, I'm not sure what it is. but if the phone is unlocked, do I need to worry about that ?

thanks,
    09-28-08 07:59 PM
    NO to both questions. Just drop the SIM into the phone and set it up as a Rogers system. See the docs supplied with the phone, and notes on the FAQ board here for more detail.
    09-29-08 03:16 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

There are two competing cell phone technologies. Rogers, Fido, T-Mobile and AT&T use GSM while Telus, Bell, Verizon, Sprint and others use CDMA.

Pin release applies to the CDMA carriers while replaceable SIM cards are used by the GMS networks after they are unlocked.

The OS is not a problem, and you have the option of upgrading it to the later versions.
    09-29-08 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD